UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: edyboom223 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 454732  
Subject: Korean Won Date: 10/4/2008 8:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hey,

I am about to start a job in South Korea around Ocrober 27th. I will be paid in won. I know virtually nothing about currency and how values go up and down. I am curious for everyone's opinions. Since the US will presumably be going through some difficult times economically, does anyone think it will be an advantage/disadvantage to be paid in won over the next 12 months? Why or why not?

Sorry for cross posting if anyone cares.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Milligram46 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 257682 of 454732
Subject: Re: Korean Won Date: 10/5/2008 12:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well, I believe everything is artifically inflated, but I also know Korean investors bought a ton of the crap derivities from the states, so the banking/investment system has exposure in Korea. I think overall being paid in the Won is better in the coming months.

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 257705 of 454732
Subject: Re: Korean Won Date: 10/5/2008 9:26 AM
Recommendations: 0
...does anyone think it will be an advantage/disadvantage to be paid in won over the next 12 months?

One thing to keep in mind is that it is always a good idea to keep enough money in the same currency as your debts in order to balance them, because you do not want to be caught out if the currencies move against you (which is always a possibility).

DB2

Author: MrPlunger Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 257771 of 454732
Subject: Re: Korean Won Date: 10/5/2008 2:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
The Won is very cheap just now, fantastic for you if you can get paid in Won at a rate that is a good amount of USD at today's exchange rate.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement