UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wax Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 766  
Subject: Krispy Kreme: Buy, Sell, or Hold? Date: 8/4/2004 7:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
In the article (http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2004/mft04073011.htm?source=mppromo) the question was raised as to whether Krispy Kreme Doughtnuts, Inc. (KKD) was a buy, a sell, or a hold.

In typical "I'm trying to sell you something fashion", the question was not answered. Why not? Why not just a direct answer? Why all of the silliness, the dancing around, the giggling?

Here's a question for you that you will never answer, but I'll ask anyway. What is a reasonable value for KKD stock? At what price would you buy and at what price would you sell?

Asking questions like is it a buy, sell, or hold is 3rd Grade garbage. State you case and let us decided. End of story.

For what it's worth, not much since you probably will never read this post, I think KKD as a going concern is worth between $12 and $16 per share.

I would start taking a postion in the stock at $8 and average down, buying on pullbacks. My goal would be to have a full position with an average cost basis of $6 or less.

I would sell half of my position once the price of the stock had increased 50% from my current cost basis, and be completly out of the stock at $16.50.

If I were to rate the stock, I would currently rate it a SELL, which is what anyone with any sense should certainly consider doing with your Stock Advisor service, especially if the commentary I responded to regarding Krispy Kreme is typical.

Wax

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Back to the Future Buffalo Wild Wings
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement