No. of Recommendations: 0
Kyle asks:

<<So, if I am understanding correctly, my wife at the beginning of the tax year for 2003, can use my Roth withdrawl to purchase a house, right?>>

Yes, that's correct.

<< Or do I even have to wait for the 5 year period to take out my $9,500 contributions out penalty and tax free? Am I getting too bogged down in the details or can I "take the contributions, (not earnings)out at any time for any reason penalty free">>

Your regular annual contributions may be taken in any year for any purpose free of tax or penalty. Put in $500 today, and you can take it tomorrow. You only have to worry about taxes and penalties when it comes to Roth earnings and (if you made them) conversion contributions from traditional IRAs.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.