No. of Recommendations: 0
I just thought I'd recap our meetings to date...

The first was in Koreatown, or nearby. In attendance:

laopera
irisand
irisand's friend Sam
me

I don't recall the date of this one, but it could be deduced from a reading of the W&I board. Some time in July, as I recall. The name of the restaurant escapes me, too, since it was in Korean, so I'll have to defer to one of the others who were there for that detail.

Meeting Two: At Pink's, near La Brea and Melrose. Who was there:

laopera
JJinLA
The Freep
me

Good hot dogs, and the infamous discussion of the totalitarian aspects of Disneyland.

Meeting Three: The Night of the Long Candles... first rendezvous was at Mexico City, in or near Silver Lake... blackout conditions forced an early adjournment, and we proceded to Victor's, nearby, where laopera and Leah shared a pastrami sandwich. Who was there:

laopera
JJinLA (who ducked out of the trek to Victor's)
Leah
irisand
me

That's it... three meetings, four restaurants, seven distinct Fools. Not sure why I'm posting this, except there should be some record of it.

Time for a new gathering soon?

Cheeze
Print the post Back To Top
Thanks, Cheeze, for the recap. I was trying to remember "theFreep's" moniker and afraid I was not doing him justice.

and the infamous discussion of the totalitarian aspects of Disneyland.

I don't know if you caught my brief but passsionate exposition of the relative merits of Mr. Toad and It's a Small World on the DIS board a while back, but it seemed to conjure some infamy, in addition to nicely summing things up to me. . .

Most definitely. This week is horrible for me, but the beginning of next week would work. Perhaps a new locale, one with power.

Most definitely. This week is horrible for me...

JJ, my brother in anxiety this week.

...but the beginning of next week would work.

I was even thinking Monday.

Perhaps a new locale, one with power.

San Onofre, perhaps? Or, wait--there are thunderbolts at Atlas...

laopera
laopera,

Difficult to think, after two days of intense legal combat, hand to hand. . .

I can second the Monday notion. Atlas is agreeable to me; probably more of a trek for the Cheeze than anyone else. . .
<<<
I can second the Monday notion. Atlas is agreeable to me; probably more of a trek for the Cheeze than anyone else. . .
>>>

I'm in, if someone will post directions. Consider your audience, however... last time, laopera's directions were great, as long as you were planning on driving to Silver Lake from Sherman Oaks by way of San Diego...

Remember, I'm coming from the north, buckaroos.

Cheeze ;-)
P.S. Atlas, eh? A Greek restaurant?
Laopera,

Is the "Atlas" you are referring to the one on Wilshire, a few hops away from the Wiltern theatre? I've always wondered what was in there- I figured it for a Korean nightclub----a description, please?

Thanks~

Irisand

Just pop in--it's a cavernous space, with a restaurant and a bar and some amusing sculptural decor, a big mirror and brassy bolts of lightening and white tablecloths. It may be a little pricey for dinner, but I think meeting there for drinks (with a Shirley Temple for you-know-who) and maybe appetizers and then moving on to another venue or disbursing might be a good plan...

there's often jazz there in the evenings, too

laopera
<<<
Just pop in--it's a cavernous space, with a restaurant and a bar and some amusing sculptural decor, a big mirror and brassy bolts of lightening and white tablecloths. It may be a little pricey for dinner, but I think meeting there for drinks (with a Shirley Temple for you-know-who) and maybe appetizers and then moving on to another venue or disbursing might be a good plan...
>>>

So, izzit a dun deel that we meet Monday night? At Joe's Eatery? Or what's dis place on Wilshire? Where, oh where izzit, and how duz wun get dere?

Cheeeezie
Advertisement