Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AlsoChorizo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3721  
Subject: La LUNA! Date: 12/21/2010 8:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/12/21/5688266-a-to...

AC *got up at 0300 to look*
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jhereg Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3696 of 3721
Subject: Re: La LUNA! Date: 12/25/2010 12:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Got up?"

I "stay up" until 3, not "get up" at 3.

Pretty awesome, either way. There was a thin, high cloud layer here, but you could see the moon through it. About 2/3 of the way to totality, the clouds disappeared. Just... one moment, it was cloudy, and the next, it was perfectly clear. Over the entire sky, even.

Then, just before totality, the clouds came back (this took a bit longer). So I didn't get to see totality.

Thus once again proving that the gods have a sense of humor, and that they're not nearly as funny as they think they are.

Author: AlsoChorizo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3697 of 3721
Subject: Re: La LUNA! Date: 12/25/2010 9:18 AM
Recommendations: 4
"Got up?"

Yes, got up. I have been working so many hours and having a cold at the time, I couldn't afford to lose the sleep time.

I watched it for 15 minutes and it was during the totality. People were saying it wasn't a blood moon but from my house it was pretty red or maybe dark burnt orange.

AC *twas wonderful*

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement