UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976916  
Subject: Lackluster jobs report is too good to believe Date: 10/5/2012 1:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 27
Or at least that is what the Republicans would have us think.

“Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can’t debate so change numbers,” Welch tweeted

As Betsey Stevenson, former chief economist at the Labor Department and a Bloomberg View columnist, tweeted: "Anyone who thinks that political folks can manipulate the unempt data are completely ignorant about how BLS works & how data are compiled."
Today's unemployment report was chock-full of good numbers, but it was not a Hail Mary pass. The economy added 114,000 jobs last month -- a strong showing indeed but still barely enough to keep up with the number of people who want to work. It also included some dark clouds, including the long-term unemployment rate, which was little changed at 4.8 million. That means 40.1 percent of the unemployed -- or two out of every five job-seekers -- have been out of work for six months or longer.

In fact, the report was so lackluster in the eyes of Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney that he sent an e-mail blast saying, "This is not what a real recovery looks like."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-05/jack-welch-doesn-t-...

The Pubs do score high on amusement factor.

Peter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821526 of 1976916
Subject: Re: Lackluster jobs report is too good to believ Date: 10/5/2012 3:54 PM
Recommendations: 0
It was predicted long ago that the unemployment would magically dip below 8% right before the election, i'm sure its pure coincidence lol..

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821612 of 1976916
Subject: Re: Lackluster jobs report is too good to believ Date: 10/5/2012 8:38 PM
"The Pubs do score high on amusement factor"

Largest increase in total employment in 29 years? Does seem a bit curious.

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821613 of 1976916
Subject: Re: Lackluster jobs report is too good to believ Date: 10/5/2012 8:46 PM
Recommendations: 1
rich Does seem a bit curious.

Obama is the Chosen One.

Peter

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821645 of 1976916
Subject: Re: Lackluster jobs report is too good to believ Date: 10/5/2012 11:27 PM
For those of you who want to know more about how the employment report is created, check out this article.

The jobs report is actually a compilation of two different surveys: the Current Population Survey, which is commonly dubbed the “household survey,” and the Current Economic Statistics, or the “employer survey.” The household survey produces the unemployment rate — 7.8 percent in September — and the employer survey produces the “nonfarm payrolls” number, which is the most common measure of jobs gained and reached (14,000 last month).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/unemployment-...

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821665 of 1976916
Subject: Re: Lackluster jobs report is too good to believ Date: 10/6/2012 3:21 AM
Recommendations: 1
Quoted: Today's unemployment report was chock-full of good numbers,

Chock full? Someone calls less than one half of one percent improvement, "chock full?"

Expectations are lowwwwww for our Organizer-in-Chief.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement