UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: buffalogal100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: Laddering bonds Date: 3/8/2003 9:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi, Happy -

I am sort of new to the discussion boards but not new to TMF. paul's explanation of laddering bonds was right on target. The downside of this type of investment is there is nearly no growth potential for invested capital. For a retiree, income is most important with preservation of invested assets but in order to outpace inflation, it is also important to have growth as well as earnings. In our current market environment, this is difficult to acheive. Anyone else having any input on how to find market winners - please chime in. Thanks.

B'gal
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mark0Young Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35856 of 74759
Subject: Re: Laddering bonds Date: 3/8/2003 11:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
B'gal, your message wasn't connected to any thread.

If you wish to reply to a message, please click on the "Post reply" link so that your message will be linked to the message you are replying to.

If you wish to start a brand new subject, then you would be using the "Post New" link.

Author: buffalogal100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35862 of 74759
Subject: Re: Laddering bonds Date: 3/9/2003 8:54 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hi Mark -

It was an error. Thanks for your tip.

B'gal

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement