UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: heatherlynn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14993  
Subject: Re: Trust Date: 11/26/2002 9:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
LadyI,

I didn't get involved in the Poster Rant thread, and now I feel that maybe I should get involved JUST THIS ONCE.

It was all over the other post from others. If you don't like a poster or a thread, just ignore either the poster or the thread. You can easily put them in your p-box or on the ignore thread mode so you won't see the things that annoy you. (in the end, that's why those tools are there)

Honestly, you can't change how a board has grown, just like you really can't change how a person grows and reacts to their environment. What you CAN do however, is to attack the things that annoy you. After will over 100K posts, the board will never change, no matter how much you try, lecture, whine, moan and complain. It's better, in some regards, to just accept it and either quit frequenting the board, or use the tools that the programmers have given us to make life easier.

Now, in regards to people putting names to the poster(s) in question - when you give as many details as you did in your original rant, that's bound to make people say "hmm...it could be wild...it could be me...it could be one of the founders of the site (god forbid though on that one!)....let's see if I can figure it out". I admit, I had put a name to the poster (and I don't necessarily read that board anymore), but I didn't care to ask, to find out who it was, but I was curious. So someone else put a name to the poster, based upon their personal experiences on the board. Someone else could have easily put a completely different name to the poster. Yippie. In the end, it really won't make a hill of beans 10 years from now.

<general board information/personal experience>
This board can be trusted. Sometimes I have to take a break from the boards because I get a little too emotional over something that was said to me (and it's just typed words, it's not someone hitting me over the head with a brick), but I realize that this group genuinely cares about everyone. Then *I* feel stupid for taking things that personally, and think about why I did.

Advice is welcome from anyone, regardless of if they are doctors, lawyers, technical writers, waitresses, bartenders, even unemployed.....as long as we don't take things out of context and realize that this is a safe medium to get information out and receive the types of help we individually need.

That was my original goal with this board, to find people who can trust each other enough to get some assistance outside of their doctors when needed, and the necessary support that can be missing if someone doens't have a loving family who is there to support them through the crap that mental illnesses put us through.

We are here to help anyone, regardless. As a great author once said "To thine own self be true". Please, be true to yourself, because in the end, pleasing yourself is the key to a happy productive life.
</general board information/personal experience>

Take it as you see fit. If you have an issue with this, email me personally, because I won't respond if an issue is raised on the board publically. This is my one and only board post on this topic (as I have a *&^%load of work to do before Thanksgiving!)

Respectfully,

Heather

p.s. I'm sorry that you took one email to believe that this board can not be trusted, and no matter what, I will always believe that maybe, just maybe, you are being a little more sensitive than you need to be. (that is not trashing on you by any means, dear. it's just an observation, if you disagree, disagree quietly and think about why you do before you post about it)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement