Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Fupbiz1 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 40  
Subject: LaFarge relationship w/ France Date: 12/5/2000 10:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just got interested in Lafarge. I read an article in Popular Science about Lafarge of Lyons, France. I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on the relationship of Lafarge N. America/Canada and Lafarge from France? Does France have an ownership in NA and if so how much? Is it by means of ownership through shares? I know very little about the history of both and have not read the downloaded annual report of each yet. Any insight in layman's terms would be much appreciated.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: foreverafool2001 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28 of 40
Subject: Re: LaFarge relationship w/ France Date: 12/5/2000 11:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Lafarge SA (Paris) owns approximately 52% of the outstanding shares of Lafarge Corp (North America). Institutional investors own about 40% of the shares and the balance is widely held.

More info is available on the two web sites, lafarge.com and lafargecorp.com

Author: Fupbiz1 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29 of 40
Subject: Re: LaFarge relationship w/ France Date: 12/6/2000 12:53 AM
I assume the Paris company is traded in a European exchange and in Euros. Is that correct?

Author: foreverafool2001 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30 of 40
Subject: Re: LaFarge relationship w/ France Date: 12/9/2000 12:36 AM
It trades on the Paris Bourse exchange and closed on December 8th at 89.6 Euros.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement