No. of Recommendations: 0
Lamar,

I agree with just about everything you've said. If the Chinese had sent in a ship to intercept our communications and we had the opportunity to examine it, I'd be all for it. If it would benefit us and make me feel a little safer in my bed, pick that plane apart with a fine tooth comb. (I realize this is hypocritical so there is no need for various people on this board to point this fact out to me.) The BIG difference is that Chinese crew on American soil would be safe from harm. However, China is well-known for its amorale policies and lack of respect for human beings...especially Americans.

What I am saying (screaming) is DO SOMETHING!!!! The president of the United Stated is not labeled "The Leader of the Free World" for nothing. What I am seeing is in essence one party saying you owe us an apology, the other saying you're not getting one, then the first replying, well if we don't get our apology then you don't get your plane or guys. Sounds rather pre-schoolish to me!!!!

You said, "Blow it up. You do realize that doing something like that, via Tomahawk cruise missile, SEAL infilitration, would be construed
as an Act of War?"

Well, there are reports that the second fighter plane fired warning shots before ordering the pilot to land at the Chinese military base. I would also consider that an act of war...wouldn't you?

Regards,
Angela
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement