No. of Recommendations: 4
I would hate to have to work for a company that demands I give to a certain political party or candidate. In fact, I am trying to divest myself from supporting companies who support radical, job-killing and freedom restricting, right agendas. That is a monumental task that I cannot accomplish completely, but I try.

Workers told to write Romney checks by coal CEO who made miners serve as Romney backdrop
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/04/1140137/-Workers-to...
<snip>
The coal miners forced to serve as an unpaid backdrop for a Mitt Romney campaign appearance aren't the only Murray Energy employees who have to support their boss's favored Republican candidates, it turns out. Salaried workers, who don't make such picturesque, coal-covered backdrops, but who earn more money, are expected to write checks and attend the boss's political fundraisers. The pressure is not subtle, Alec MacGillis reports:
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Coal! It's not just for Christmas stockings anymore.

Ken
But, I thought only Labour Unions made their people contribute to political activities of their preferred party. : )

Icemann
Simple extortion.
"I would hate to have to work for a company that demands I give to a certain political party or candidate. In fact, I am trying to divest myself from supporting companies who support radical, job-killing and freedom restricting, right agendas. That is a monumental task that I cannot accomplish completely, but I try. "

Unions are by far the worst offenders of this, they take member dues and regardless of the members views/beliefs almost 100% of unions contributions to the political process goes to the Democrats.
I am trying to divest myself from supporting companies who support radical, job-killing and freedom restricting, right agendas.

That's a complete contradiction of your post...why would you divest in companies sending money to Obama, then attack Romney supporters? (BTW, if true the company is breaking the law, so I'm sure Holder will look into it).

That said, good luck as many of the companies you're thinking of divesting in are most likely playing both sides like the Wall Street Investment Banks and others.
Terrible in this situation, but not uncommon. I once worked for a company that unofficially made it very clear that if you did not contribute to the PAC you would not be promoted. I contributed in one year, loathed myself, and never contributed again; I was still promoted. Doubt this necessarily would be the case for workers at lower position levels.

Wessex
Advertisement