Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: themeateater Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3604  
Subject: Re: Xerox Competition Date: 7/30/2000 9:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Larry

Here's a link to the an anlysis of the respective positions of XRX and Heidlerg (published around DRUPA2000). Larry, could you comment on this from your perspective as a X-professional in the printing business.

http://www.seyboldreport.com/drupa_preview.html

I think the product that you're going to see is being launched on the 28th of this month at (I hate to say it) the On Demand show. I think this device sets the standard. I think this is going to change the whole face of digital color printing. It will be the entry product that printers will look at and say, "Yes, I can take some of that, that'll get me into the marketplace. That'll allow me to start playing in this area."

The other thing they're trying to do is to give you all the necessary packages to allow you to get into digital print, with personalization, with out-of-the-box solutions, with databases, etc., with an awful lot of support. The amount of investment that Xerox is putting in to try and establish itself as the core player in digital color printing is monstrous. It staggered me, that Xerox has got 1,500 people dedicated to the graphic arts industry in their distribution channels. This is not just talking about the manufacturing side. I think the product that you're going to see coming out at the end of this month is going to be the one that makes people change in this industry.

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement