UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947761  
Subject: Last gasp for OH voter supression Date: 10/6/2012 12:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is dead...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/obama-campaign-...

I guess the GOP is going to have to rely on manual intervention by local electoral boards in OH.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821692 of 1947761
Subject: Re: Last gasp for OH voter supression Date: 10/6/2012 9:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Ohio is voting today. That was never challenged - at all.

Just how the hell is that voter suppression?

Personally, I think the vote should be held on November 6 only. Absentee ballots should be accepted only if the person is absent. And every mother's son that votes should have to present photo ID - just like I have to present photo ID when I vote.

This voting of convenience is costly and doesn't add that much to the vote. It does allow people to vote on less than full information, which is a travesty, in my opinion.

The original vote processes were good enough. We should return to them. The intent of the founders was to make it a little inconvenient. People should put out effort to participate in a republic. Just like 'serving' in office. It should not be rewarded by making the servant the commander of the people or making them millionaires over their term in office.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821722 of 1947761
Subject: Re: Last gasp for OH voter supression Date: 10/6/2012 10:37 AM
Recommendations: 3
Ohio is voting today. That was never challenged - at all.

But it would have been stopped for the last weekend before the election everywhere but in Republican counties.

OH has 88 counties. Each county's board of elections consists of 2 Republicans and 2 Democrats. In Republican counties, both Dems and Reps agreed to the early voting system. In Democratic counties, the Republicans refused to go along with it which meant 2 for and 2 against, with the Republican Sec of State John Husted breaking the tie. Naturally, being a partisan that could care less about making sure all citizens in the state having ample access to the polls, Husted voted with the Republicans to curtail early voting in Dem-leaning counties only.

That is just one example of coordinated, partisan voter supression of the highest order being led by GOP operatives. The fact that we have to have this conversation in the friggin' UNITED STATES makes me sick.

The original vote processes were good enough. We should return to them. The intent of the founders was to make it a little inconvenient.

The intent of the founders was not to make it "a little inconvenient" for a targeted portion of the population in order to benefit one political party.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement