Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Last month, Morgan Stanley Research surveyed investors at its “Amazon Disruption Symposium,” asking which consumer sectors the survey-takers thought would take the longest for Amazon to “materially disrupt.”

I think prescription drug sellers WBA and CVS will not be affected. Both have been taken down recently just on the fact AMZN is thinking about getting into the space. I just don't see it - I don't see them entering, and even if they do, I don't see them as a disruptor. Mail order drug service is already happening (Caremark), and I don't see AMZN negotiating better prices. So, they'd have to take smaller margins or a loss, which CVS and WBA can also do for as long as it takes to fend off AMZN. Furthermore, CVS and WBA have actual stores I can walk into to obtain my medication should I forget to order it, or should I be traveling and forget to bring it. And, I can talk to an actual pharmacist. Plus, I just feel safer about getting my drugs from these guys than from Amazon.

Needless to say, I initiated in both CVS and WAG today, which are trading similar to what they were during the Great Recession.

MR
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement