Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Goose One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71238  
Subject: Re: 98 Honda Accord Date: 9/24/1998 11:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Last night I did the Fool Faxathon to 16 Honda dealers in the Boston area. It is now 11 am and I have five offers, one of which is quite good (but still a couple of hundred above my FVP).

I suggest you try the same thing. Here is a great link:
http://usmarket.com/auto/honda
Click on your state and you get a list of dealers. (You can map them with Yahoo maps to see how close they are to you.) Click on the Dealer Name in the list and you will be taken to Honda's site with more information on the dealer, including their fax number and their web page (if they have one).

FYI I am looking at the Accord LX Sedan 4-cyl standard shift. Invoice plus delivery is $16,556 and I have an offer for $16,599. The dealer holdback is 2% of $18,290 = $366, so anything over $16,190 is profit to the dealer, assuming he actually pays $16,556 for the car, which I doubt. My FVP is $16,300.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement