Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: davidr101 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129  
Subject: Last Post Date: 5/6/2005 5:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dear People;

The last two days have been an interesting two days for this stock.

I sincerely hope that those of you out there hanging on to your hopes and dreams and rapidly dwindling capital because you took what has turned out to be a stunningly costly position due to "expert" advice have managed to continue that hanging on due to this Old Fool's advice.

To those of you who didn't, you have now been through the experience known as "Buying at the Top and Selling at the Bottom".

This stock will probably never see $7.00 again. (Sorry, nothing's guaranteed in the Market, and I surely can't guarantee anything.)

Since this will be my last post here, I thought I would leave you with a few items of interest.

Ever since I read William O'Neill's book on how he made a fortune back in the days when the markets were fairly static, I have tried to follow his advice and buy only the best companies and only at their Cup and Handle Pivot Point. Since there weren't any Cup and Handle Formations that I could see in 1999, I just did what you have done and bought companies with good fundamentals. Who promptly exposed me to the experience you have been through. Not being as strong of stomach as some of you are, I lost a bit of money. Sort of. OK, a lot.

If some of you who are in this stock did exactly as I suggested in my posts to Deb and others, you played this position perfectly by buying half of your position before the earnings report and the other half at opening today which is what Morning Stars tell us to do.

The chances that you did so, of course........

Well, I'm stuck here, because I have done up a beautiful little chart on what a Cup and Handle Formation looks like in a stock that is near and dear to your hearts, and I also put together the 3 year chart on this stock showing you exactly why I made the foolish and stupid and dumb recommendations that I posted. Foolish Me.

I'm stuck here because I can't post the graphics.

Your Foolish Charting capabilities are not up to the task of doing the charts, so to see exactly what I am talking about in this and other posts under my byline, you'll have to drop me an email so that I can send the pictures to you.

As for me, I love trying to help people. If you are disappointed in my advice please remember how much it cost you. But I am not getting paid anything here, and subjecting myself to public criticism and not being paid to do so is above my pain threshold.

My job applications to the Fool have been met with NADA.

I really think they could use some help, perhaps you could put in a good word for me.

Sincerely;

The Old Fool
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement