No. of Recommendations: 6
Last time I looked at it, the main thing the listing broker really did was put the house into the MLS book and put the lockbox on the front door.

Actually, they negotiate on your behalf, make suggestions to help the deal get done, ensure that the other side lives up to their commitments, and smooth things out if there are problems (which there always seem to be). Here's a list of questions that I was able to find: http://www.homegain.com/info_center/other/20_best_questions_...

It seems pretty comprehensive. But I would say that the most important thing is that you are comfortable with the agent - feel that you are able to ask questions and that they are listening to you.

AJ
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement