Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: scoopa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49533  
Subject: Last visit to the ghost town. Date: 2/18/2002 9:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Scoopa here, I'm going thru my bookmarks file to clean out the ones that are no longer of any use and I figured what the heck lets take one last visit to the old Fools. As I explained in an email to PHF I have been watching the results since the start of the new pay policy and I am not impressed by the results.

If you start back on 2/9 there were an average of 37 posts/day by 33 different authors as of 2/17 you are down to an average of 14 posts/day by 13 different authors. I also see on Saturday there was an amazing total of 8 posts with 2 by Motley Fool staffer TMFEdible.

Results= less than 1/2 the number of posts by less than 1/2 the number of authors.

Also are the Fool staffers watching the boards so that they can pump up the number of post when they fall below a certain level? Watch when the number of posts are low the number of posts contributed by a Fool staffer goes up.

Call out the calvary boys the settlers are fading fast.

Well, I do hope the Fools are satisfied. They took a vibrant and exciting discussion board turned it into the web equivalent of a ghost town.

Oh and one final note. I am surprised at some of the people who are still posting here as some of these same individuals would be the ones to scream the loudest when Disney raises theme park tickets by $2.00, for a whole day of great entertainment, but they have been strangely quiet and have gone along with the Fools charging for what use to be a free board.

Heading out of this has been town,

Walt
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement