Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By BenHacker

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/18/18 12:12 PM
  • Number: 2924
  • Recommendations: 3
"Just intellectual curiosity (since this trade is not for us mere mortals) but how hard is it to get a borrow and how expensive is it right now?"

Cheap and plentiful. ~2% annual borrow. Few hundred K shares available at IB, more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/16/18 5:45 PM
  • Number: 2801
  • Recommendations: 0
I think another interesting point is whether Tan moving out of semi's is sending a signal about how he views that market, although it could be simply AVGO was getting too big. But if that is the case, what were current shareholders thinking
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/18 11:39 AM
  • Number: 2792
  • Recommendations: 2
hey - just a fwiw

thanks for posting that note as well!

getting another perspective, having a view looked at in a different way....very helpful

Oh no problem, thanks for your response.

I appreciate the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/12/18 2:28 PM
  • Number: 2789
  • Recommendations: 4
No position, but I believe many who didn't really grasp (perhaps for a very long time) the strategy behind what Hock was doing and came late to understand the story - this group includes nearly everyone by the way (not a dig at you) - now feel
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/8/18 4:22 PM
  • Number: 36361
  • Recommendations: 1
ranshdow,

"I wonder if this is a sign that the marginal buyer of CA muni bonds has a marginal federal tax rate well north of 40%? Suggests that currently at least, muni bonds aren't the best deal for people with marginal federal
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/9/18 5:05 PM
  • Number: 36243
Didn't end up doing anything here. Hard to ascertain if there was any effect as oil was moving up during the exchange. I ended up holding as I own(ed) the '21's which were subordinated in the exchange, but effectively made more senior
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/9/18 9:39 AM
  • Number: 36242
Dundee Corp Common:
-- DC.a (TSX listed) - $2 / share

Dundee Corp Preferred:
-- E (2018 maturity @ $25, senior) - $24.50 / share
-- B/D (cumulative, no maturity, $25 par), both trading near $11.25-11.40. These are fixed to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/26/18 4:03 PM
  • Number: 2663
  • Recommendations: 1
Ok, I think I see what is happening.

So you are seeing a bid/ask... You are offering to transact immediately (buying at ask, selling at offer). ok.

By breaking the order into <100 share lots, my best guess is the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/25/18 10:55 PM
  • Number: 2660
Martian, what do you mean by 1100 to 700 spread?

Provide some more color and I can maybe share some thoughts.

Are we talking us names, or Canadian names traded via US OTC?
  • Date: 4/9/18 1:57 PM
  • Number: 1115
It's interesting how negative the view is here on the boards/twitter that I frequent.

it's kind of a head scratcher given that even mid-sized IB's don't generally trade below book very often (or now).

I see the
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z