Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By devi100

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/16/18 12:59 PM
  • Number: 276
  • Recommendations: 0
Thanks Brian. Great thoughts, as always.

Let me offer a different perspective on a couple of the points you make above (granted I'm writing after a 20% run up since the above):

(1) Current EPS multiple is not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/1/18 12:58 AM
  • Number: 1775
Seeing that there are three bear-ish points posted in the "anyone else considering increase?" thread to help you get started :)

Thanks,
Rohit
  • Date: 6/1/18 12:50 AM
  • Number: 1774
Dorset,

Those two bear-ish points make sense. I'd add a third:

Offering free shipping is an investment in which MELI forgoes short-term profit to expand customer base, attractiveness of its platform, etc. Given that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/1/18 12:22 AM
  • Number: 1773
Also already made my move two months ago @$315. Copied from another board:

The stock has fallen 15% from its highs this month. My view is that the market is over-reacting to Amazon, short-sighted in worrying about the expense of MELI
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/18 11:55 PM
  • Number: 1772
Thanks Danny, always appreciate the MELI coverage as MELI is one of my strongest conviction holdings.

But would be great to get some bear-ish counterpoints. Why might future growth + profits be insufficient to justify the current
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/1/18 12:51 PM
  • Number: 3173
Roddles,

This explanation is more clear.

In order to validate transactions and create blocks, a forger must first put their own coins at ‘stake’. Think of this as their holdings being held in an escrow account: if they
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/31/18 12:08 PM
  • Number: 11185
  • Recommendations: 1
Ilan, thanks for the reply!

I think MELI will be worth double today's market cap in four years, so today I think it's worth about $450. Maybe I'm wrong and it's worth more like $350. But I am very confident the puts
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/27/18 11:33 AM
  • Number: 11180
MELI is one of two or three big bets (very high conviction position) in my portfolio.

The stock has fallen 15% from its highs this month. My view is that the market is over-reacting to Amazon, short-sighted in worrying about the expense of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/27/18 10:47 AM
  • Number: 1727
Thanks for the input Raj.

I am selling puts to generate income. They are deep out of the money, and this is a high conviction position for me. I understand a sharp drop in share price (25%+ on top of the 20%+ a couple months ago) would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/18 3:55 PM
  • Number: 1721
MELI is one of two or three big bets in my portfolio. Which is to say my current position is almost as big as I can possibly bear, and I'm not in a position to add much more.

Fortunately puts are looking extremely appetizing. I
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z