Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By SkepikI

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/18/16 10:41 PM
  • Number: 18312
  • Recommendations: 1
Rob: Yes. You have apprehended my point exactly! If you want to travel tesla's route in the manner tesla tells you to, you get the royal treatment! If you have your own ideas about where u want to go off the big city urban and interstate
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/15/16 3:37 PM
  • Number: 18310
"I'd say that Tesla is doing super well with developing a fast charger network and their own low cost batteries"

Depends....largely on where you hang your hat and where you are going...

Let me more fully describe my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/9/16 5:40 PM
  • Number: 3438
  • Recommendations: 2
ANYONE who is in the retail business is vulnerable to being overtaken by competition, new business models, and the vagaries of consumer trends.... just ask Sears, JC Penny, Safeway, Walden Books, Radio Shack, Sports Authority, perhaps even Whole
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/16 11:06 PM
  • Number: 18304
Yes I have "occasionally" dabbled in options. Usually covered calls, but I find they require more attention than I am willing to give them. I'd really rather be fishing, making wine, drinking wine or otherwise ditzing around.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/16 10:05 PM
  • Number: 18302
I am semi retired and F is taking the place of Bonds with pitiful returns and HUGE downside price risk. So far I am MORE than satisfied with 4.8% considering the application and the risk....as long as the risk remains low due to good management.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/16 5:51 PM
  • Number: 18300
I could say: Is a car the best investment I can find? Well, no, my 445,456 mi 99 Subaru Outback says another vehicle is not a very good investment, tho one I will be forced to make in the next two years or so...reluctantly. A Fusion is on my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/16 2:34 PM
  • Number: 18297
  • Recommendations: 0
So how about a longer commentary Rob? Should I take this as early warning of management faltering? Or is it as good as one should expect given lack of growth and cautious consumers ( less than 1% GDP revised down again)?
  • Date: 8/30/16 10:35 PM
  • Number: 3426
  • Recommendations: 0
I've owned this fund in the past. I dumped it in favor of dividend objective funds and other broad based portfolios because of what I saw as indifferent performance and high cost fees (relative to other Vanguard funds). Its objectively a low
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/23/16 10:58 AM
  • Number: 18294
When I was stuck in Walla Walla (not exactly tough duty)waiting for a Tesla to recharge at an RV park, while the Tesla Navigation was directing us to a Yakima fast charge station 75 Mi out of our way, I wondered "who needs a Tesla when you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/16 11:35 AM
  • Number: 3414
  • Recommendations: 2
You would all profit from avoiding the "denier" or denyer labels and reading or re-reading Nate Silver's eminently readable book on statistics and their application.

Science depends on a healthy skepticism of conclusions,
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z