Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFOtter

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/27/17 2:50 PM
  • Number: 389
  • Recommendations: 3
They will be emailed to you. I'm sorry this has taken so long -- we're a little short staffed on the editing side between a key person being away on leave, a really busy publishing schedule and the surge of earnings season. I am afraid that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/25/17 12:49 PM
  • Number: 381
  • Recommendations: 0
Not only do we have the Brian Haney interview queued up, but we're also going to have a really great conversation Tom, Andy and I had with Kinsale Capital CEO Mike Kehoe which we recorded this week. Sorry it's taken a little more time than
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/19/17 9:37 AM
  • Number: 360
  • Recommendations: 9
Hey folks:

Pretty fascinating situation, no? Pabloplato correctly notes that there was an item on the most recent proxy that would give Pendrell the permission to go private. Here's the thing -- the vote was non-binding, and the company
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/17 12:16 PM
  • Number: 302
  • Recommendations: 1
It will be a lucky accident if none of the Crimson Wine properties are impacted. A few years ago Tim Hanson and I made a bike tour to assess their properties in Napa County. We rode up Howell Mountain Rd to get to their vineyards in Angwin. As of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/5/17 8:48 AM
  • Number: 256
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi assiduous:

We generally do not cross-post material we generate for one service across our services. In this case, however, and with all Rising Star companies we absolutely should have and the fault for not thinking of this is mine.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/17 4:25 PM
  • Number: 121
  • Recommendations: 7
Hi James:

I'll answer this question to the best of my ability.

When I came back to the editorial side of the Fool, Tom and I had some long conversations about what we would like to do to help Fools that we weren't really
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/17 12:09 PM
  • Number: 148
  • Recommendations: 2
We are currently under a trade embargo while we allow members to build their positions. Once that embargo lifts we'll be buying over the next few weeks.

Bill Mann
  • Date: 8/31/17 10:57 AM
  • Number: 142
  • Recommendations: 0
Have them search by the CUSIP instead of the ticker: 780915104

Bill
  • Date: 8/30/17 8:47 AM
  • Number: 70
  • Recommendations: 4
Brian, I've done a lot of work on Crimson Wine. A few years ago Tim Hanson and I went to Napa Valley and Sonoma County and biked around from Crimson parcel to parcel to look for comparable land pricing information. We wrote about it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/17 3:06 PM
  • Number: 54
  • Recommendations: 8
Ok, that makes sense given the long term emphasis, but why then the focus on limit purchases?

The simple answer is because these tiny companies don't trade efficiently. So while you might not worry about a few bucks one way or
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z