Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFOtter

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/7/11 10:13 AM
  • Number: 27837
  • Recommendations: 5
Yeah, I wish that I could post more, but it's just too fraught with risk. This is different.

Last week my sister attended her college roommate's funeral -- she too was taken too young by cancer. At the service, Liz realized that her friend
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/6/11 11:38 PM
  • Number: 27834
  • Recommendations: 4
RP-

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My wish is that you find peace in the knowledge that your bride's intrinsic goodness lives on in you and your family.

Best regards-
Bill Mann
  • Date: 4/1/10 10:34 AM
  • Number: 1919
  • Recommendations: 1
*clap* *clap* *clap* Well done.
  • Date: 1/9/09 11:35 AM
  • Number: 320
  • Recommendations: 2
Huddaman--

Here is what Satyam's head of HR told us a year ago, confirmed when we met with the CFO of WNS:

... a few years ago, it was thought retention wouldn't be an issue for these companies. India is producing a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/09 8:06 AM
  • Number: 616
  • Recommendations: 20
Hey folks-

Had a brief overnight conversation with AOB's CFO, Lily Li. She said that the company is preparing a detailed press release describing the specific strategic value of the purchase, and would be happy to speak with me in more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/09 5:29 PM
  • Number: 314
  • Recommendations: 3
They are sitting on one of the largest pool of talented labor that charges a fraction of what it costs to get work done in western countries, not 8% less.

That's not really true. There are enormous problems in India getting suitably
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/09 3:50 PM
  • Number: 309
If you have that 6th sense, where was it when you were vetting MPEL, CX, FMD, CBI, SDA and so many others.

No one is claiming a sixth sense. But one of the most important things we look for is a sustainable competitive advantage,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/09 3:32 PM
  • Number: 273640
  • Recommendations: 0
Further, I emphasized that studying how the others failed is worthless... *unless* you want to master more ways of failing.

Actaully, I disagree wholeheartedly with that premise. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the book
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/09 2:27 PM
  • Number: 374
I hear you. Sometimes there is simply nothing to report.

Bill Mann
  • Date: 1/8/09 2:08 PM
  • Number: 306
  • Recommendations: 0
I am pretty sure if SAY investor relations had treated you very nicely you would may have had a different opinion despite your point number 4.

Actually, the folks in investor relations at Satyam were quite fabulous to us. I feel very
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z