Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFOtter

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/15/17 10:39 AM
  • Number: 5085
  • Recommendations: 7
One thing I have to call out is Bill Mann's reference to the rationale being "about making the service more useful, more relevant for our members." This is precisely the kind of rationale that has been used to take things away in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/14/17 2:50 PM
  • Number: 956
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi Anurag:

Nice to reconnect!

Isn't this the case with much of the industry? It has always been about commissions and not performance. It appears to me that the level of competence in the industry is low despite abundance
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/14/17 2:14 PM
  • Number: 5083
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi Scott:

Thanks for the good word! There is an ongoing conversation about my article on the Mindset board.

Bill
  • Date: 5/13/17 12:58 PM
  • Number: 952
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Patrick:

Very few do, because there is no incentive for any of the brokers (platforms) to negotiate with most fund companies.

Only in three general situations is the balance of power shifted:

1) Funds with massive
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/6/16 1:44 PM
  • Number: 80398
  • Recommendations: 5
Yoda,

We have all sat at the foot of Reitnut to learn at one time or another. Thank you so much for letting us know. I am so sad to hear of this.

Bill Msnn
  • Date: 1/7/11 10:13 AM
  • Number: 27837
  • Recommendations: 5
Yeah, I wish that I could post more, but it's just too fraught with risk. This is different.

Last week my sister attended her college roommate's funeral -- she too was taken too young by cancer. At the service, Liz realized that her friend
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/6/11 11:38 PM
  • Number: 27834
  • Recommendations: 4
RP-

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My wish is that you find peace in the knowledge that your bride's intrinsic goodness lives on in you and your family.

Best regards-
Bill Mann
  • Date: 4/1/10 10:34 AM
  • Number: 1919
  • Recommendations: 1
*clap* *clap* *clap* Well done.
  • Date: 1/9/09 11:35 AM
  • Number: 320
  • Recommendations: 2
Huddaman--

Here is what Satyam's head of HR told us a year ago, confirmed when we met with the CFO of WNS:

... a few years ago, it was thought retention wouldn't be an issue for these companies. India is producing a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/09 8:06 AM
  • Number: 616
  • Recommendations: 20
Hey folks-

Had a brief overnight conversation with AOB's CFO, Lily Li. She said that the company is preparing a detailed press release describing the specific strategic value of the purchase, and would be happy to speak with me in more
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z