Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFOtter

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/1/17 4:25 PM
  • Number: 121
  • Recommendations: 6
Hi James:

I'll answer this question to the best of my ability.

When I came back to the editorial side of the Fool, Tom and I had some long conversations about what we would like to do to help Fools that we weren't really
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/17 12:09 PM
  • Number: 148
  • Recommendations: 2
We are currently under a trade embargo while we allow members to build their positions. Once that embargo lifts we'll be buying over the next few weeks.

Bill Mann
  • Date: 8/31/17 10:57 AM
  • Number: 142
  • Recommendations: 0
Have them search by the CUSIP instead of the ticker: 780915104

Bill
  • Date: 8/30/17 8:47 AM
  • Number: 70
  • Recommendations: 4
Brian, I've done a lot of work on Crimson Wine. A few years ago Tim Hanson and I went to Napa Valley and Sonoma County and biked around from Crimson parcel to parcel to look for comparable land pricing information. We wrote about it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/17 3:06 PM
  • Number: 54
  • Recommendations: 8
Ok, that makes sense given the long term emphasis, but why then the focus on limit purchases?

The simple answer is because these tiny companies don't trade efficiently. So while you might not worry about a few bucks one way or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/17 2:48 PM
  • Number: 50
I am willing to bet that the broker has placed a limit on the stock not because of you, but because of the sudden rise in volume. Stay patient. If you need to call your broker to trade, do that. Make sure they know that the only reason you're
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/17 10:28 AM
  • Number: 37
  • Recommendations: 1
????????????????!

Didn't you see that Carter Bank & Trust acquired Citigroup overnight?

:-)

I'm sure that's an easy enough fix.

Bill
  • Date: 8/29/17 10:22 AM
  • Number: 36
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Morris --

Yes, as a foreign issuer with shares trading in the US, Yatra will file 20-Fs instead of 10-Ks. These are ordinary shares rather than ADRs so Yatra will have to file quarterly earnings reports.

Toby mentioned that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/17 9:58 AM
  • Number: 87
Great stuff, Guy! Always such a pleasure to see you on the boards (and in person!!)

Bill
  • Date: 8/29/17 6:18 AM
  • Number: 29
Hi scoobydoobyfool:

Yikes, that's tough. I am not a tax accountant but I believe that you have triggered a taxable gain. What you might consider doing is calling your broker and telling them you sold BLX by mistake and seeing if
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z