Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By investorpoet2

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/20/17 3:40 PM
  • Number: 37
  • Recommendations: 3
What's more concerning to me is that they have someone sitting around ready to issue press releases on stock price movements. It suggests a lack of focus, or at least a focus on the wrong issues.
  • Date: 10/10/17 12:08 PM
  • Number: 31
  • Recommendations: 2
I think I like the idea of this company more than the company itself. Quality content is certainly proving to be king in media these days. The key word here is quality.

My kids are beyond the age now of most of the appeal of DHX brands, but
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/16 3:16 PM
  • Number: 13168
  • Recommendations: 3
People can certainly make light of this issue, but Chipotle is in the middle of a pretty serious turn around. They were unprofitable last quarter.

In order for investors to believe that a turnaround is possible, they have to believe that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/16/16 9:54 PM
  • Number: 1133
  • Recommendations: 0
I have been considering a diagonal call here. Looking for things to stabilize a bit. They announced a likely first quarter loss last night and not much happened today. I want to sit down and do some serious valuation work before I proceed with this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/11 2:13 PM
  • Number: 28264
  • Recommendations: 1
Does this post count as calling the bottom?

http://boards.fool.com/1008/despair-the-market-and-our-futur...

I didn't exactly load up,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/14/10 4:23 PM
  • Number: 62021
  • Recommendations: 1
Losing $5.4B on an $8.8B investment in real estate is a difficult thing to do, even in a downturn. There must have been some crazy amounts of leverage in place...
  • Date: 4/2/10 10:15 AM
  • Number: 26797
  • Recommendations: 4
Anurag,

I wonder if your subject line is a little misdirected. CRE Crash: will it?

It already has. Three factors have worked to reduce values in commercial real estate: rent declines, occupancy declines, and capitalization rate
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/31/10 5:37 PM
  • Number: 1750
Supertel's 10-K just came out. On the surface it looks pretty rough, but that was to be expected this year. Two items of note are cash flow before impairment (getting to the traditional REIT FFO) and book value.

First, cash flow (see p
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/31/10 11:10 AM
  • Number: 1749
Just looking at their press release from year-end, they are primarily a homeowner's insurance company in the state of Florida. I think the reason it looks so good is the high degree of risk. They are likely one tough hurricane season away from some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/26/10 4:27 PM
  • Number: 724
Lucky you. I'm on the other side of the calls trade, having sold April $17.50s a few months back. Maybe he ever holds them will fail to exercise...
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z