Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By dcarper

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/18/08 12:33 AM
  • Number: 96258
  • Recommendations: 1
An electric is good for pruning, where you don't need to cut a lot, and the lighter weight is an advantage.

But for all-around use, go for gas. Much faster.

Someone mentioned Stihl. They are good, but if you are just a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/18/08 12:19 AM
  • Number: 801761
  • Recommendations: 0
I hope you appreciate how lucky you are! We have absolutely awful water!

The water here is marginally drinkable (IOW, a lot better than Phoenix, but nowhere near as good as bottled). But I find that a Brita will make it taste fine,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/18/08 12:07 AM
  • Number: 274047
OTOH if I were responsible for loading a plane with emergency supplies for 200 people stuck on an island with no medical facilities, I would prioritize the medical supplies - life saving drugs, then birth control.

But would you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/18/08 12:05 AM
  • Number: 274045
  • Recommendations: 1
God put the light approximately 6000 light-years away at the time of creation.

Really. That's what the YECs say.

Well, there's also the argument that light used to travel much faster than it does today. It's only a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/18/08 12:03 AM
  • Number: 274044
Raising children is a big job, and people should think about what they are doing.

So just to clarify, once again a simple "yes or no" question:

Do you think that the pharmacist should have a say in this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/18/08 12:00 AM
  • Number: 274043
Is it really any better if it's the doctor refusing to prescribe the medicine instead of a pharmacist refusing to sell it?

I would suspect that the doctor has much more knowledge of the actual patient condition.

But
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/08 11:59 PM
  • Number: 274041
Then the moral angst is gone and they can honestly say...sorry we don't carry that.

And the patient can reply "well, I need it, as evidenced by this prescription from my doctor. So get it for me."

David
  • Date: 6/17/08 11:57 PM
  • Number: 274040
It was my intention to say that lack of birth controls can be worked around in way that lack of insulin or aids treatment can't be.

But it seems that you are still saying that it is entirely appropriate for a pharmacist to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/08 5:36 PM
  • Number: 6598
I've failed, miserably, might I add, in my final chance to qualify for the Beijing Games and am considering my next move.

Sorry to hear that. Was hoping that you could make it, despite the tremendous odds.

I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/08 5:27 PM
  • Number: 273992
  • Recommendations: 3
Oof. Is pregnancy always bad for the health of the patient?

Nope. But it's something that the patient should be deciding, with help from her doctor; not something that the pharmacist should decide.

And actually,
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z