Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFBreakerRick

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/2/14 1:31 AM
  • Number: 4839
  • Recommendations: 1
CV, we realize that duplicating every move and in roughly the same allocations won't work for many investors. However, the only way to truly duplicate our returns is to buy them all.

That said, if you have avoided some of our losers as it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/13/14 2:41 PM
  • Number: 227
  • Recommendations: 1
Just in case you missed it, we did issue a sell recommendation in light of the Priceline buyout. There is a caveat for recent buyers where capital gains would come into play based on how long you've held the stock in light of the expected Q3 closing
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/13/14 2:18 PM
  • Number: 327
  • Recommendations: 5
I am not sure why bother selling so quickly.

There is always the possibility of a higher offer, but it seems far from likely. Yes, OPEN would look good on the arm of GOOG, YELP, or possibly even FB. PCLN's intentions could light a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/23/14 8:02 AM
  • Number: 4585
  • Recommendations: 15
I don't subscribe to the notion that the party is over. When it comes to the stock market there is no continuous party. Sometimes we run out of ice and have to send someone out to get more. Sometimes the cops stop by to tell us to keep it down.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/11/14 7:30 AM
  • Number: 4504
  • Recommendations: 7
It may seem odd to discuss a strategy here about what our ideal distributions should look like once we cross a million bucks on the morning after the market got slammed. The finish line is farther away. However, it is something that we're starting
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/14 1:07 AM
  • Number: 1202
  • Recommendations: 2
I know ZIP is no longer a Breaker, but The Verge just put out a neat story on the two ladies that started the company (and how their clashing ways eventually resulted in both of them bowing out of the company).

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/29/14 3:35 PM
  • Number: 5
  • Recommendations: 2
AlPlus, do let us know how it goes. Cvent seems very confident about its ability to retain organizers once they give it a crack so it would be great to see a little tire kicking shared here.

Rick
  • Date: 3/2/14 4:28 PM
  • Number: 4357
  • Recommendations: 3
Howard, the $2 million that David alluded to earlier -- split half in fixed income, and half in Supernova Universe stocks -- may have been part of the genesis of Phoenix 1, but it has not been part of the official policy. We have never made any
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/13/14 9:51 AM
  • Number: 323
  • Recommendations: 4
It's hard to sugarcoat LeapFrog's horrendous Q4. It had already shocked the market back in November by forecasting a 9% to 17% decline in sales for the holiday quarter. Wall Street was holding out for growth at the time. However, now we learn that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/7/14 9:36 AM
  • Number: 314
  • Recommendations: 5
Yes, OPEN opened 5% lower this morning on last night's quarterly report, but something cool is happening on the mobile front. First, check the blog entry:

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z