Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFBreakerRick

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/24/16 8:09 PM
  • Number: 74
  • Recommendations: 1
Marc, I get the feeling that the buyout will go through. The premium is too rich for shareholders to balk. You can ignore the press releases being out by legal firms trying to make this a class action. It happens at every buyout.

With the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/18/16 6:49 AM
  • Number: 2342
  • Recommendations: 2
The point of the latest Mission Log, tj, isn't to deluge you with numbers of a short-term event like earnings season. It was more to tackle the talking heads saying that this will be a disastrous earnings season. It will be the case in some sectors
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/8/15 4:53 PM
  • Number: 19
  • Recommendations: 7
Dave & Buster's is moving higher in after-hours trading this afternoon after a strong quarter. Revenue up 18%, fueled by expansion and an 8.8% spike in comps. PLAY's profit of $0.11 a share -- or $0.12 a share on an adjusted basis -- reversed a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/8/15 4:47 PM
  • Number: 1551
Given the timing of the deal it probably would have been a good thing to have offered tax advice. That's on me. At the end of the day, if you feel it's in your best interest to defer the capital gain (assuming you bought early on or earlier this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/16/15 10:46 AM
  • Number: 1698
  • Recommendations: 3
RH has your answer. The order is executed in real-time at the market so it sometimes goes through different sellers with tiny differences in price. However, it all takes place within seconds. It's not as if the order is physically being spaced out
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/2/15 12:08 PM
  • Number: 1527
  • Recommendations: 14
I'm going to go out and say it: Keurig Kold doesn't excite me -- as an investor. It seems to have a very slim chance of succeeding. Keurig finally started selling Kold through its website this week, and it's hard to see this taking off.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/15 9:50 AM
  • Number: 1465
What Chin said. We have our five nominees. We'll vote by the end of the week, executing one or two trades by next week. So, yes, we are hoping to take advantage of the lower prices on most of the names in the Supernova Universe.

I know
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/15 6:19 AM
  • Number: 124
Thanks for the kind words, Estrogen.

Dolly Parton once said that if you want to see the rainbow you have to put up with the rain. I guess one can also say that if you want to see the Baidus and Chipotles you have to put up with the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/15 6:14 AM
  • Number: 2508
Baidu has held up better than most of China's other dot-com darlings. Yes, it's 18% below its all-time high heading into this afternoon's report, but Alibaba is off by nearly a third.

Google came through with a blowout quarter, but a lot
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/24/15 10:36 PM
  • Number: 116
  • Recommendations: 4
It was a bad week for me as the guy behind the LifeLock and TrueCar picks. TrueCar took a beating, as any company rightfully should when hosing down its guidance.

Growth will slow dramatically during the second half of the year, even at
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z