Show Latest Posts:

The 99 Most Recent Messages By Radish

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/28/16 8:20 PM
  • Number: 133003
  • Recommendations: 0
VeeEnn,

Our last house had inefficient rooms for heating and cooling so when we replaced the heat pump we got a variable speed fan. — inparadise

Are you talking about a whole house fan?

I don't think inparadise
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/28/16 7:53 PM
  • Number: 133001
  • Recommendations: 1
VeeEnn,

Now my daughter lives in the same area and has a similar layout and I've noticed that, although their air conditioning looks modern there's a big difference in temp levels on the main floor as compared to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 8:25 PM
  • Number: 152742
Fe1ix,

Did they define "particularly egregious?"

They gave a lengthy analysis of the "attenuation doctrine" (where an "extraordinary intervening event", in this case the discovery of an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 7:48 PM
  • Number: 152739
Fe1ix,

So, in short, the USSC didn't say the initial arrest, without cause, was okay,

Indeed they agreed with previous conclusions that it wasn't OK, although they didn't make a "ruling" (per se) as to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/25/16 1:43 AM
  • Number: 152705
Fe1ix,

Is that right?

I think so. It boils down to:

- The policeman stopping the guy with no reason other than he was the first one to come out of a house (that they thought was a drug selling location, but had no
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 7:08 PM
  • Number: 194421
PSUEngineer,

What steers me away from Lenovo is that we bought our daughter a Lenovo 2 years ago to take to college. It has been nothing but trouble.

While the Lenovo desktop computers I've bought have been very nice,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 6:01 PM
  • Number: 132973
  • Recommendations: 2
gtechie,

which use a heat pump. Like a refrigerator in reverse. Anybody have any opinions about them?

They're all electric, and here in southern California the cost of electricity is six times that of natural gas (for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 1:11 AM
  • Number: 152674
Fe1ix,

So arresting people at random for no reason is not unconstitutional?

From the Supreme Court itself rather than some random reporter's misinterpretation:

"Held: The evidence Officer Fackrell seized
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/16 2:22 AM
  • Number: 194407
  • Recommendations: 3
wecoguy,

Did a I read you were a 6502 programmer? that's back in the 70s!

I started out programming with HP minicomputers in 1971, mostly in HP Time-Shared BASIC (via remote Teletype), some in assembly, and a little bit
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 7:56 PM
  • Number: 194400
ptheland,

Good points. Of course anyone who bought an AirPort router because it was faster when they bought it might now be getting a slower speed after the update. Particularly disturbing considering the price of an AirPort router
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 7:11 PM
  • Number: 194398
wecoguy,

What I did notice was your link was from Sophos, an anti virus developer, over the years I've become suspicious of the motives, many times scare tactics to drag in users.

Good point, and I agree on the scare
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 6:47 PM
  • Number: 194396
warrl,

Are there codes in the update packages that devices use to determine whether to install the update?

I have no idea.

If so, they may have needed to re-release the same update with different codes to include
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 5:52 PM
  • Number: 194394
wecoguy,

Yes, indeed, saw that, but as I noted, the online, active even happened a couple weeks ago...

May 24th is this release info for 802.11n units, ... 802.11ac units also were offered the update on May
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 3:19 PM
  • Number: 194390
wecoguy,

What I don't understand is why this is just now coming out...

Because the update just became available?

"Subject: APPLE-SA-2016-06-20-1 AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.6.7 and 7.7.7
F
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 3:14 PM
  • Number: 520
I don't see how this can possibly be good for Tesla stockholders. Solar City is super high risk. First, their business model only makes sense under extremely solar-friendly laws, which probably won't last forever. They've already had to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 3:02 AM
  • Number: 194387
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/06/21/apple-airport-ro...

"Apple just rolled out a security fix for its AirPort range
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/16 11:10 PM
  • Number: 152621
Fe1ix,

Da. Can't figure out to post Cyrillic. That's not a pressing problem, though. What I wrote was: Ne tochna. Byl Rossiya kogda ya tam zhil, ne CCCP.

Somehow I was thinking you lived there before the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/16 6:59 PM
  • Number: 152615
Fe1ix,

?? ??????. ?????? ???, ????? ? ??? ???, ?? ????.

If those were supposed to be Cyrillic characters, it didn't work. If it's supposed to be a puzzle where we're only given the spaces and punctuation,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/16 3:38 AM
  • Number: 152605
oops... correcting the formatting:

drebbin,

Damn, Phil. Our trolls speak Russian, too? There is nothing about which these folks are not expert.

I studied Russian here in the US, with a teacher who was born
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/16 3:36 AM
  • Number: 152604
drebbin,

Damn, Phil. Our trolls speak Russian, too? There is nothing about which these folks are not expert.

I studied Russian here in the US, with a teacher who was born in Russia. If I recall correctly, Felix learned

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/19/16 11:16 PM
  • Number: 152601
Felix,

In Russian, the word yarki literally means "bright," but it doesn't mean "smart." It means "vivid," "shiny" or "colorful."

Or "flamboyant". Sounds like
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/8/16 1:16 AM
  • Number: 152343
  • Recommendations: 5
I said in this thread http://boards.fool.com/32254331.aspx?sort=whole I would update the information on voting in California after the primary election. It's after the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/16 1:10 AM
  • Number: 1016
aa8984,

However, I'm having trouble generating my screen picks using radiscript.

First, make sure you're using the latest versions of the files. See post 1000 at (Continued...)
  • Date: 6/1/16 3:20 AM
  • Number: 832916
  • Recommendations: 4
RebelAlliance,

I've heard Sean Hannity say that he routinely deposits and withdraws MORE than $10,000. This gets reported to the Feds.

Probably a good plan. There was a grocery store in Michigan where the feds
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/1/16 2:39 AM
  • Number: 15196
ptheland,

My wife and I are trying to clean out the house and garage. We've got a serious pile of stuff to go through, with much of it having some value - say $10-$50 per item.

Me too, but we haven't done anything
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/1/16 12:53 AM
  • Number: 152221
Fe1ix,

[Signing any unused line you find in the voter list book] Might be a problem when the real person shows up later.

Yes, but not for you. Granted, it would attract attention (after you're long gone). Or maybe not...
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/16 6:42 PM
  • Number: 152213
Fe1ix,

Normally, you go to the polling place, say your name, write your address and sign your name, and they let you vote. — Radish

In fairness I should disclose, in case it isn't obvious, that sentence should end with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/16 3:14 PM
  • Number: 152205
Fe1ix,

But if I understand you correctly, you say, in California, a voter is not required to show even that, except maybe first-time voters.

Correct. Normally, you go to the polling place, say your name, write your address
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/16 2:23 AM
  • Number: 152177
Fe1ix,

My hot take is that (1) California's voter registration and voting protocols are incredibly lax and (2) your conjecture about fraud being widespread is speculation based on (3) your belief that an elaborate, organized vote
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/16 12:41 AM
  • Number: 152174
lowstudent,

I do give you credit

That is an awful lot of explaining to someone other dumber than a rock or utterly fos

I did actually learn things during this exchange.

For example, the list of registered
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/30/16 7:58 PM
  • Number: 152171
Fe1ix,

Your scheme gets more elaborate all the time.

No, you're the one who brought up the bus stop address. I said to use an intersection (like the government recommends).

Using a non-existent address in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/30/16 2:08 AM
  • Number: 152164
Fe1ix,

Some sort of copy/paste error in your post, I think.

You're missing something. When you go to vote, your name and address are on a list at the polling place. If you've registered as a homeless person with the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/30/16 1:27 AM
  • Number: 152163
Fe1ix,

As for "disruptive behavior," define "nit-picky." :^)

Which one, "nit" or "picky"?

By the way, sorry for the delays. For some reason, I wasn't able to access any
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/16 9:18 PM
  • Number: 152160
Fe1ix,

(In your hypothetical, why does the homeless person have a utility bill?)

Because a utility bill is the easiest "ID" to forge that's accepted at the polling place. That it makes no sense for the homeless
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/28/16 6:53 PM
  • Number: 152137
Fe1ix,

Thank you for answering my question. Let me first respond by now answering your questions that I declined to answer unless you did.

As to "According to your logic, when states like California enact strict voter ID laws,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/27/16 3:54 AM
  • Number: 832442
CCinOC,

As I learned from working with lawyers for over 20 years: there are two sides to every story.

And those would be: our side, and the wrong side.

Phil
  • Date: 5/27/16 3:45 AM
  • Number: 832441
RebelAlliance,

Three and a half, or five and a quarter [floppy disks]?

From the article: "The system is running on a 1970s IBM computing platform, and still uses 8-inch floppy disks to store
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/27/16 3:31 AM
  • Number: 152100
warrl,

One can get a unique perspective by acquiring a bottle of whiskey, consuming the contents, and then using the empty bottle as a telescope.

We can always count on you for the more creative
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/27/16 1:51 AM
  • Number: 152096
Fe1ix,

Some people think his disruptive behaviors outweigh his contributions... — Radish

What disruptive behavior?

Nuh uh uh! You have to answer my question before I'll answer yours.

Phil
  • Date: 5/26/16 5:52 PM
  • Number: 832402
STSTT,

Just a bunch of good kids with guns having fun with the officers who patrol their town. Not only weren't guns a problem, they were the tool used to bring everyone together.

My first experience with firearms was at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 5:29 PM
  • Number: 152086
drebbin,

An old football coach's saying is "you are what your record says you are", and it applies here as well.

In my opinion, Felix has made some valuable contributions to this board over the years. Unlike
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 3:52 PM
  • Number: 152083
STSTT,

Here in Michigan that shouldn't be an issue. Why? The department that handles elections is the Secretary of State... which is also "the DMV." In other words... it's the same department.

Not so in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 3:28 PM
  • Number: 152081
Fe1ix,

Yes. That'd be a problem, but by comparing registration and voting records to DMV/ID records, you'd be able to determine the maximum scope of the problem.

Now that is true. I suspect the department that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 3:10 PM
  • Number: 152079
lowstudent,

I don't know, Radish says he engages that one because it brings a unique perspective at times

Indeed.

I just think he enjoys whacking at the low hanging fruit of showing up an inconsistent liar
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 3:08 PM
  • Number: 152078
drebbin,

It is disappointing to see you continually indulge one of the most chronically dishonest and disrespectful trolls on this board. And truly mystifying to see you not even realize it when it is happening.

You just
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 9:58 AM
  • Number: 152058
Fe1ix,

That's not what "we've just been over."

Yes, it is. Exactly.

It isn't terribly difficult to verify voter registration lists and voting records.

What we just discussed is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 1:34 AM
  • Number: 152047
Fe1ix,

I've never heard of anyone claiming that "voter impersonation" is at issue at all. — Radish

Really? That's what voter ID laws supposedly prevent, people casting ballots using someone else's name,

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 12:04 AM
  • Number: 152045
Fe1ix,

But you're still insisting that there's no circumstance where passing voter ID laws could cause a reduction in fraudulent votes being cast (or at least not a significant reduction). — Radish

That's not my

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 7:26 PM
  • Number: 152039
STSTT,

If impersonation fraud is so very hard how did 32 dead people vote in eight different elections without anyone knowing about it until now?

To be fair, that article didn't demonstrate that dead people voted, just
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 7:18 PM
  • Number: 152038
Fe1ix,

As shown below, you failed. You didn't explain any procedure that would catch my fraud without also removing the legitimate homeless voter (especially if the homeless person has never had a driver's license or state ID). —
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 6:50 PM
  • Number: 152037
Fe1ix,

More importantly, you're misrepresenting how easy it is to register online in California. To do so (I checked) you need a driver's license or CA ID number, a Social Security number (last four digits) and a date of birth,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 2:20 AM
  • Number: 152017
Fe1ix,

Okay. I'll play. I love thought experiments.

As shown below, you failed. You didn't explain any procedure that would catch my fraud without also removing the legitimate homeless voter (especially if the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 8:43 PM
  • Number: 152005
But they won't ask you for ID... it's illegal to ask, and if you try to show them an ID so they can look up your name on the list they say they're not allowed to look at an ID (I've tried it — they will look at your name/address
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 8:18 PM
  • Number: 152004
Fe1ix,

You're describing a lack of will, not a lack of ability. It's not impossible to detect voter ID fraud. Though your unlikely to find it if you don't even look for it.

OK, imagine two people. One is a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 7:27 PM
  • Number: 152002
Fe1ix,

You're right. I don't recall that admission.

It has been a while. We went through most of the California laws, step by step. You had some trouble believing a government would pass laws and regulations that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 6:56 PM
  • Number: 151999
THEMATHISNEAR,

Be careful; arguing with morons never educates the moron and sometimes confuses the audience as to who is whom.

Felix has made some very insightful posts over the years, and brought up some information that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 6:51 PM
  • Number: 151998
  • Recommendations: 3
AVERAGEJ0E,

I asked a local cop at a donut shop this morning,and he said well over 90% of homeless people they pick up have valid identification. So this claim about denying the poor and minorities the right to vote for not having a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 6:43 PM
  • Number: 194188
ptheland,

I'm surprised no one has gone the luddite route yet. Grab your smartphone and take a shot of the screen. ;) For certain purposes, that can be the quickest route.

I've done that many, many times (with a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 4:25 AM
  • Number: 151954
  • Recommendations: 7
Fe1ix,

That's simply not true. Voter ID fraud is relatively easy to detect. ... It's both detectable and preventable right now. Strict voter ID laws don't prevent fraud.

You seem to forget that you and I went over this with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 3:46 AM
  • Number: 262553
TGMark,

Flash player crashes constantly for me with Chrome. It did that on my Win7 laptop and now also on a completely new Win10 desktop. Irritating, and I've never figured out why.

Try going into Settings in Chrome,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/16 3:56 AM
  • Number: 194179
  • Recommendations: 5
CountNoCount,

Someone advised me to send a "Screen Shot". How is this done?

On a Windows computer:

For the whole screen, press the PrtScn (Print Screen) key on your keyboard. For just the active window
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/19/16 2:34 AM
  • Number: 194163
Solution for one particular ransomware ("TeslaCrypt"):
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/18/16 3:22 AM
  • Number: 831407
Even reading newspapers and books can be addictions. Although, for some reason, reading is never criticized and is always lauded...not sure why.

This is true. My family prefers to read books while dining, because we have other
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/17/16 4:51 AM
  • Number: 151787
rbednarski,

But I would recommend books [by Heinlein] like Space Trooper, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress or Farnham's Freehold to anyone.

Perhaps rather than "Space Trooper" you mean "Starship Troopers"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/16 2:58 AM
  • Number: 151729
rbednarski,

I loved the earlier Heinlein. Then he went into his junior high school incest fantasies and he lost me.

Exactly.

Phil
  • Date: 5/12/16 9:17 PM
  • Number: 830737
MetalDecathlete,

I'm going to go out on a limb here and see how many people on the fool I can tick off.

A worthy goal. ;-)

Think back about 20 or 30 years ago on your views of gay marriage. Have they
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/16 8:53 PM
  • Number: 830732
You can pick any of the following ballots this year:

Oh, I forgot to mention. An independent voter (who has registered as "no party preference" in California) can also reregister by May 23rd if they want to vote as a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/16 8:45 PM
  • Number: 830731
CCinOC,

If you're, like me, not registered as any particular political party, then you cannot vote for Donald Trump. It's not allowed. — Radish

So if you're in independent, you can't vote in the CA primary? Yes, that would be

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/16 4:06 AM
  • Number: 830605
This upcoming primary in California is bizarre, even by California standards.

If you're, like me, not registered as any particular political party, then you cannot vote for Donald Trump. It's not allowed. You can, however, vote for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/16 3:43 AM
  • Number: 830604
RebelAlliance,

This really ought to be illegal, because if you had never had any dealings with the IRS, it could be upsetting to get a call like this, and worse, you might become a victim.

It is illegal. In
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/16 3:39 AM
  • Number: 830603
warrl,

3D printers are an expensive way to make things.

On the other hand, HP is coming out with a 3D printer they claim will be a completely new technology ("multi-jet fusion" or MJF) and quite revolutionary.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/11/16 12:16 AM
  • Number: 830463
JLC,

Not that big of a leap, they are both part of Yum Brands. If they were really serious, KFC would be in the mix.

Lots of Taco Bell/Pizza Huts in southern California. There's a Taco Bell/KFC in Primm (where Interstate 15
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/10/16 8:50 PM
  • Number: 830452
I peeled half a Bernie Sanders sticker off a car in the lot. I didn't have one, and I figured the owner wouldn't mind sharing.

I think every motorcyclist should take one tire/wheel off the next car they see with a Bernie Sanders
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/10/16 8:44 PM
  • Number: 132796
The right way is to drill the tile, insert a plastic thingy, and attach with a screw into that.

If it will be open to the studs for whatever reason, then the best way is to put wood blocking where the TP holder will go, so you can
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/10/16 6:12 PM
  • Number: 132792
1poorguy,

The TP holder will have to be remounted. That means either drilling a hole (two of them) in the tile or using liquid nails and hoping that holds. Any preference or experience here on the best approach?

Haven't done
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/10/16 3:09 AM
  • Number: 830342
CCinOC,

Well, I thought it was interesting, but I don't know if I would risk $27 to find out if it's legit.

You can sign up on my app-testing network for just $20. Plus, mine won't pester you with testing requests
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/9/16 8:11 PM
  • Number: 151684
lowstudent,

I doubt he [Trump] wants 2 terms as PResident, so once elected I fully expect all bets are off, and he goes after whatever it is his plan actually is, without a lot of doing what is convenient.

Hey, remember back
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/7/16 4:24 AM
  • Number: 829897
I sure hope Trump has studied the outrageous attacks Democrats/liberals waged against Sara Palin. 'Cause those ain't nothin' compared to what they'll be launching against him.

This will be full scorched earth. Nothing will be held back,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 7:40 PM
  • Number: 829754
JLC,

Property Rights had a fork stuck in it with Kelo vs. City of New London.

Hey, at least we have the beautiful development where the Kelo property used to be, generating all that tax revenue for the city.

Wait...
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 4:44 AM
  • Number: 829639
RebelAlliance,

You can't even ask them the real question, because the words you'd need to do it have been purposely redefined to new meanings. — Radish

That is a great insight.

And I'm completely serious (a rarity).
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 4:34 AM
  • Number: 829638
CCinOC,

Yeah, my church buys its donuts (which are served every Sunday at three services) from The Donuttery.

Nice.

Crafted Donuts are specialty donuts, to be sure, but like designer cupcakes, they're waaaay
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 4:20 AM
  • Number: 829637
TheBaronAndrew,

Here in Lakewood, my McD's still has the self-serve station for drinks, so I and I alone control how much ice I get or how many refills I take.

Don't worry, you can still put too much ice in, and then sue
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 4:05 AM
  • Number: 829636
CCinOC,

The thing was, my neighbor had the presence of mind to jot down the license plate number of the perps' truck! Even with that, the cops said, "We've got bigger fish to fry, and you're covered by your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 3:55 AM
  • Number: 829635
CCinOC,

I thought Ma Bell did a fine job--much better than Time Warner, that's for darn sure!

I think you're forgetting that in-state long distance calls cost more (with Ma Bell) than some inter-state long distance — or how
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 2:56 AM
  • Number: 829633
CCinOC,

The 14th amendment limits the action of state and local officials. In addition to equal protection under the law to all citizens, the amendment also addresses what is called "due process", which prevents
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 8:15 PM
  • Number: 829586
JLC,

While at the gym yesterday morning, saw streaming across the bottom on FOX News, majority of millennials don't believe in capitalism. So yes, maybe we are morphing, or at least our future generations are morphing.

It's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 7:14 PM
  • Number: 829575
CCinOC,

Yesterday, I stopped at a new donut shop. ... I fully expect to see an "out of business" sign in their front window soon.

The Yelp reviews are overwhelmingly positive though. Better than "The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 7:01 PM
  • Number: 132785
You can not occupy a dwelling or a business and not have water and sewer.

Where I live each lot owner has to pay the city for water, sewer, and trash pickup. Even if there's not any structures on the lot, and no water or sewer lines
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/3/16 3:00 PM
  • Number: 132767
PSUEngineer,

Those jets would be above the solar blanket if I were to let the solar blanket float on the surface of the water.

Hmmm... good point. Redneck-able, though. On our pool those jets screw into a socket with a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/3/16 2:00 AM
  • Number: 132761
PSUEngineer,

Yes, I would never go with the idea of filling the pool with heated water. I'll take about three days to fill with a hose.

Why not? Isn't three days about the period of time you said was available? And that BBQ
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/3/16 1:53 AM
  • Number: 132760
xtn,

Any solution that requires 30 hours isn't going to work at all, because all the heat being added to the pool throughout that 30 hours isn't still going to be there at the end of the 30 hours. We need more BTUH input than the pool
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/16 1:18 AM
  • Number: 132749
PSUEngineer,

My neighbors to each side of me have tankless water heaters. They could supply a good quantity of hot water.

For this purpose, it makes no difference whether the heater is tankless or tank style. Only the BTU
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/16 1:16 AM
  • Number: 132748
voelkels,

The other question is what is the temperature of the inlet water and what temperature do you want the pool’s water to be when you finish filling it and DW dips her toes into it?

He already posted that information.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/16 5:11 AM
  • Number: 132732
1poorguy,

Nobody I grew up with had helmets.

My friends and I had helmets from junior high on, but that was because we rode dirt bikes on the weekends (motorcycles).

I'm probably forgetting more stuff that should
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/16 5:06 AM
  • Number: 132731
PSUEngineer,

Our pool is 13,000 gallons — Radish

My pool is 20,000 gallons.

So it would take 31 hours with the size water heater I have, or as long as 93 hours with a more typical water heater. Still might be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/28/16 9:13 PM
  • Number: 132725
1poorguy,

Most hoses also say "non-potable". Why would they add the warning about hot water if they already have said not to drink from your hose?

Dunno. Maybe they're worried that with hot water it will soften and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/28/16 9:10 PM
  • Number: 132724
PSUEngineer,

My wife would really like to swim on that day but the water will probably be in the 60s from the refill.

My wife asks if you could fill the pool the same way we fill our outdoor hot tub:
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/27/16 7:41 PM
  • Number: 132709
sano,

Maybe I'll just change the order to diffused glass and not worry about perfectly clear glass.

Clear sounds neat, but then you see all the spotting.

Good plan.

Phil
  • Date: 4/27/16 7:16 PM
  • Number: 132707
1poorguy,

Another problem is that every garden hose I've ever seen says not to run hot water through it.

I'm pretty sure that's only if you're going to drink the water. Or if you want the hose to last a very long
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 99

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z