Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Desperate appeal for advice!
Previous 12 years I have self-filed, since retiring and suffering substantial investment loss with carry-over, (2000 and 2008).
During 2011-- A. I dabbled (6 turns) in /ES (E-mini futures) with small loss,
B. Subscribed to MFO and did about 100 trades, mostly profitable.

I expected TOS (Penson) to provide 1099's, such as Schwab has done, which I could easily enter on 1040, Sch D and D-1. TDAmertrade, for TOS, did not send a 1099 but on their site, provided a "GainsKeeper" gain/loss report. About the only correct items were the names of the companies on which we did options trades.

I would like to e-file via Turbo-Tax, entering each trade separately.
However, pending your response to my inquiry, I am working at filling out the forms in order to paper-file.

I upgraded to MF Pro and expect to experience small profits and continued filing is the reason I would like to e-file with Turbo-Tax. TIA
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.