UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: streetstupid Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 684  
Subject: Latin America Date: 9/18/2008 1:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can anyone recommend a good Latin American Mutual Fund?

Or advise me not to go there for a good reason.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bingham99 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 682 of 684
Subject: Re: Latin America Date: 12/13/2008 10:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Stay away. Ecuador decided not to pay its debt. Other latin american countries can do the same.

Author: streetstupid Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 683 of 684
Subject: Re: Latin America Date: 12/15/2008 8:19 PM
Thanks for the response. Do you mind if I ask for some clarification? By investing in a Latin American mutual fund I will be buying stock in companies, not countries. If, for example, a Brazilian oil company is doing a great business and making a large and growing profit why should I be particularly concerned about the government? If I believed that the government could screw things up so badly it would ruin the stock I would not have invested in any United States companies or mutual funds for the last 6 years or so. Oh wait, that would have been a pretty good idea with the benefit of hindsight.

Joking aside I think there is some potential for growth in that part of the world and the actions of one government out of several don’t seem too scary. So I am serious in asking for more information.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement