Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tangoev Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 47741  
Subject: Launchs new cloud service in Europe Date: 11/12/2012 2:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Qualcomm Life, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (QTI), today announced the availability of its wireless healthcare services offering in Europe. Qualcomm Life's 2net" Platform and Hub are designed to enable medical device manufacturers and service providers to wirelessly connect their medical devices via a secure, cloud-based solution so that biometric information is easily accessible by device users, their healthcare providers and caregivers.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tangoev Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47586 of 47741
Subject: Re: Launchs new cloud service in Europe Date: 11/12/2012 2:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Should have added link to release: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/59132-qualcomm-life-wireless-clou...

And anyone have any idea what this is?

Tango

Author: Cloaca Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47587 of 47741
Subject: Re: Launchs new cloud service in Europe Date: 11/12/2012 7:58 PM
Recommendations: 0
And anyone have any idea what this is?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it's a way of sending info from monitoring devices to the cloud on a schedule, and then can be viewed by doctors at their convenience.

Cloaca

Author: NozRydr Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47588 of 47741
Subject: Re: Launchs new cloud service in Europe Date: 11/13/2012 9:35 AM
Recommendations: 1
This is a natural evolution of Qualcomm's business solutions from closed loop Satcom service to more open, lower cost, hardware and comm system agnostic services.

You can trace a dotted line from Qualcomm's first profitable business in Omnitracs, to this cloud based medical communications service. QCOM started with an end to end transportation industry communication using Ku-band satellites. Then they were able to open up to lower cost hardware solutions that took advantage of other networks. e.g. Communication and tracking equipment products like Omni2000 and Globaltracs came in.

At some point the Qualcomm network picked up medical tracking device customers like Cardionet, and then later provided background network services for Kindle. The early Omnitrac systems relied heavily on Qualcomm's network hubs. That's expensive. The growth of cellular and the internet allows them to move products and services onto lower cost solutions and into bigger niche data markets.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement