UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cobrafang Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90258  
Subject: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/14/2006 2:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 13
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060514/pl_nm/bush_laura_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - First lady Laura Bush said on Sunday she does not believe opinion polls showing her husband's approval ratings at record low levels.

Interviewed on Fox News Sunday, Laura Bush said she did not think people were losing confidence in President George W. Bush, despite a series of polls showing support for him at its lowest point in his five-year presidency and among the lowest for any president in the past 50 years.

"I don't really believe those polls. I travel around the country. I see people, I see their responses to my husband. I see their response to me," she said.

"As I travel around the United States, I see a lot of appreciation for him. A lot of people come up to me and say, 'Stay the course'."

Psst, Laura, they're Democrats.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43037 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/14/2006 5:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
"I don't really believe those polls. I travel around the country. I see people, I see their responses to my husband. I see their response to me," she said.

I wonder if she's ever travelled to any place / event that wasn't carefully screened and scripted?

--FY

Author: deejay7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43039 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/14/2006 5:40 PM
Recommendations: 2
I wonder if she's ever travelled to any place / event that wasn't carefully screened and scripted?

Well of course not!

Someone might ask her or her husband a question they can't or would prefer not to answer!!!

deejay7

Author: Chapter3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43040 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/14/2006 5:42 PM
Recommendations: 5
Maybe it was Colbert's speech that convinced her?

"Now, I know there are some polls out there saying this man has a 32% approval rating. But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality.' And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

C3

Author: micmaz99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43051 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/14/2006 9:35 PM
Recommendations: 104
"First lady Laura Bush said on Sunday she does not believe opinion polls showing her husband's approval ratings at record low levels."

I know how you feel Laura. I don't believe the election returns from the last 2 presidential elections.

Author: satiranarchist Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43069 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/15/2006 11:20 AM
Recommendations: 4
I will admit it. At first, I thought Laura Bush was quiet and reserved on purpose...the SMART one of the family. But as her recent comments have revealed, the "First Enabler" is just stupid.

*JR*

Author: MATZOID Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43079 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/15/2006 1:59 PM
Recommendations: 2
"First lady Laura Bush said on Sunday she does not believe opinion polls showing her husband's approval ratings at record low levels."

I know how you feel Laura. I don't believe the election returns from the last 2 presidential elections.

But there'a a real difference. The poll results reflect how people actually voted.

Author: micmaz99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43081 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/15/2006 3:05 PM
Recommendations: 1
"But there'a a real difference. The poll results reflect how people actually voted."

Maybe it's the stories that were never fully investigated about how, if you were a black person in Florida in 2000, that your voting rights were violated, or maybe it's the stories that were never fully investigated that the Diebolt voting machines in Ohio and elsewhere could be tampered with, or maybe it's a faith that I have in my fellow Americans that they couldn't possibly reelect this twosome of arrogant politicians who show no concern for their fellow Americans unless they are in that upper 1%, but for some reason, I don't believe the election polls in the past 2 elections completely reflect how people actually voted.

Author: MATZOID Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43098 of 90258
Subject: Re: Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls Date: 5/15/2006 6:29 PM
Recommendations: 0
"But there'a a real difference. The poll results reflect how people actually voted."

Maybe it's the stories that were never fully investigated about how, if you were a black person in Florida in 2000, that your voting rights were violated, or maybe it's the stories that were never fully investigated that the Diebolt voting machines in Ohio and elsewhere could be tampered with, or maybe it's a faith that I have in my fellow Americans that they couldn't possibly reelect this twosome of arrogant politicians who show no concern for their fellow Americans unless they are in that upper 1%, but for some reason, I don't believe the election polls in the past 2 elections completely reflect how people actually voted.

Sorry. What I meant was, their actual responses were recorded in polls regarding Bush's performance, but not at the voting booths during the elections.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement