No. of Recommendations: 1

You may transfer funds freely about as long as they are already in an IRA account. My suggestion?

1. Open a discount brokerage account (I use Suretrade, and have been pleased w/ them for two years, but there are many...the Fool has ads for several.

2. Indicate that you are going to open this account as an IRA transfer.

3. Once you have the account established, be a Fool. Toss that 4.15% and get your CSCO or GE or TGT or JDSU or DDD or whatever suits your fancy.

This is very rough, but it is possible to reallocate freely within an IRA so long as one does not *add* or *subtract* from it, other than the prescribed $2k a year or proper deductions when one is of age.

Let me know if this helps,

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.