UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: v10mark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75537  
Subject: Re: IRA Date: 9/13/2000 10:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
laurelmae,

You may transfer funds freely about as long as they are already in an IRA account. My suggestion?

1. Open a discount brokerage account (I use Suretrade, and have been pleased w/ them for two years, but there are many...the Fool has ads for several.

2. Indicate that you are going to open this account as an IRA transfer.

3. Once you have the account established, be a Fool. Toss that 4.15% and get your CSCO or GE or TGT or JDSU or DDD or whatever suits your fancy.

This is very rough, but it is possible to reallocate freely within an IRA so long as one does not *add* or *subtract* from it, other than the prescribed $2k a year or proper deductions when one is of age.

Let me know if this helps,

Mark
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement