UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFBogey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10537  
Subject: LCOS Date: 10/29/2003 2:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.877camcorder.com/55pl9523.html

Okay, all of these technologies are totally new to me. What's the downside of LCOS? The price point, relative to plasma and some of the LCD stuff is actually quite nice, with supposedly better picture. It's slim and light, not as slim as plasma, but still pretty slim.

Thoughts?

Bogey
Print the post Back To Top
Author: holzgrafe Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 369 of 10537
Subject: Re: LCOS Date: 10/29/2003 2:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
See the link for a detailed description:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/lcos.htm

Regards,
holzgrafe

Author: TMFBogey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 371 of 10537
Subject: Re: LCOS Date: 10/29/2003 2:21 PM
Recommendations: 0
http://www.avguide.com/newsletter/2002.12/toshiba57.jsp

Wow.

Bogey

Author: TMFBogey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 372 of 10537
Subject: Re: LCOS Date: 10/29/2003 2:22 PM
PS - I've seen prices for the new gen the HL83 at $4500.

Author: JLMoran Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 375 of 10537
Subject: Re: LCOS Date: 10/29/2003 3:31 PM
OK, I think I have officially found the home theater TV I've been dreaming of. And since I wasn't planning on buying one until 2005 anyway, that will give this bad boy time to come down in price a bit and give me time to save my pennies! :-)

::DROOL!!::

- Joe -

Author: terrorcell Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418 of 10537
Subject: Re: LCOS Date: 11/1/2003 10:42 AM
> What's the downside of LCOS?

Some of the LCOS Projectors that have come out in past years had problems. A Pioneer LCOS Projector a couple years back, degraded rather quickly and probably was the cause of Pioneer getting out of the Projector business.

Actually, LCOS is very promising for the future. Other light modulator manufacturers are very fearful of it. It should provide excellent performance and the lowest cost. You might not want to be the guinea pig that tests the early units, unless they give you a real good price.

Projectors in general might be good items to buy from Brick and Mortor businesses. There are several things that can go wrong with them and an Web site might not have the best return/repair policies. One might try to get a local electronics store to "match" an internet price. It would be the best of both worlds.

> It's slim and light, not as slim as plasma, but still pretty slim.

Its about the same as others. All the LCOS are projection systems and have the similar optics, mirrors, etc as LCD or DLP. The rear projection depth 17-18 inches is the same as other new slim designs.

Author: 2Roger2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 670 of 10537
Subject: Re: LCOS Date: 12/9/2003 3:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
Here's an LCoS Manufacturer:

www.microdisplay.com

Cheers,
Roger

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement