No. of Recommendations: 1
LD:

I think your brain has plenty more room to stretch.

However, singing Bee Gees songs will tend to fill some of that space with things that just shouldn't be there.<g>

There wasn't a specific reason to change other than I finally decided it is not very smart to keep my name on a public web page. Of course it would have been smarter to do that 10+ years ago. I have always tried to be careful about not divulging too much personal information even though many here are my online family so to speak. Many young people today are blissfully unaware that they can put themselves at risk by posting to the world every single thought and action of theirs on a daily basis.

BTW, I have to admit that my technological ignorance has sometimes kept me from posting on some of the doggie threads that you often start. We have a cute little American Eskimo/Chihuahua mix named Toby who has brought lots of joy into our lives over the last two years. I am generally clueless about posting photos within a thread, so I tend to not jump into the mix. I long ago lost count of all the "He's so cute" comments he gets when I take him for his walks. I just tell him to not let it go to his head! He is a little bit feisty at times probably due to his Chihuahua DNA. I do read most of the posts you make on canine subjects as they are a welcome distraction from some of the depressing reality our country is living through and facing in the future.

There have been some extended family issues that have weighed on us for a long time now. It has taken a lot out of my wife and I both physically and emotionally as well as financially too. Having Toby from about 6 weeks of age has greatly helped me to keep close to an even keel. He still jumps at the door getting all excited when either of us comes home, even after a fairly short time away.

Technically, although Toby is with us 24/7, our grandaughter considers Toby to be HER dog. We see her usually twice a week. This is my first dog in decades, so it has been a relearning experience for me too. I thnk the 8 week puppy school we went to was just as much for us as it was for Toby.

BG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement