UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20810  
Subject: Leaf-peeper cruise Date: 9/22/2012 11:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone ever taken a leaf-peeper cruise from NY up to Canada? I'm thinking about it but wondering whether it's worth taking the short cruise or if I would be better off driving.

TIA.

Chrisina
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18908 of 20810
Subject: Re: Leaf-peeper cruise Date: 9/22/2012 12:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Has anyone ever taken a leaf-peeper cruise from NY up to Canada? I'm thinking about it but wondering whether it's worth taking the short cruise or if I would be better off driving.

Friends of mine are sailing Sunday week; I'll let you know their report. I think you'd see a lot more foliage driving, but I do love a cruise.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18909 of 20810
Subject: Re: Leaf-peeper cruise Date: 9/22/2012 1:43 PM
I think you'd see a lot more foliage driving, but I do love a cruise.

I do too. If I don't take a cruise I may just go for some type of short tour -- just so I don't have to drive and make hotel arrangements, etc.

Thank, Phil.

Christina

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18910 of 20810
Subject: Re: Leaf-peeper cruise Date: 9/22/2012 2:47 PM
Recommendations: 1
My trip on Holland America, Montreal to Boston, in '08 is posted in message 12414 on this board--

http://boards.fool.com/cruising-st-lawrence-seaway-montreal-...

Ours stopped in Boston, but I know some go to NYC too. Smaller ships are better and more nimble in the St. Lawrence Seaway. We went in May and took advantage of deals available then, but fall cruises when leaves are changing are popular.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18911 of 20810
Subject: Re: Leaf-peeper cruise Date: 9/22/2012 5:04 PM
I have a friend who took Amtrak from NYC to Montreal. It goes along the Hudson, through Vermont, into Canada. It's a long ride but very pleasant ride, but mostly in daylight. Very inexpensive. I'm not suggesting that you forget the cruise, just offering something else to put in your portfolio.

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18916 of 20810
Subject: Re: Leaf-peeper cruise Date: 9/23/2012 10:36 AM
I have a friend who took Amtrak from NYC to Montreal. It goes along the Hudson, through Vermont, into Canada.

I have taken this trip Montreal to NYC and also give it a thumbs up, although I did not go in leaf-peeper season. It was an all-day trip. I can see how it would be a good leaf-peeper trip.

Chili

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18920 of 20810
Subject: Re: Leaf-peeper cruise Date: 9/23/2012 2:11 PM
Amtrak NYC-Montreal takes you through the Catskills, Adirondacks, and near Lake Champlain. You have several opportunities to break up the trip, get off the train for a few days, enjoy some of the resorts, do some hiking or fishing, and see more of some very beautiful country.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement