No. of Recommendations: 0
I am new in the stocks markets. I started buying shares in 2011, in my country Spain, USA and GB, and everything seems peaceful and profitable. The markets are particularly friendly, but obviously this will not last. When the taxi drivers in Spain are buying stocks, don't hesitate the market is going to collapse some day.
So I would like to know some learned lessons from 2008. I would like to ask to those who started before me, and especially before 2008: What have you learned from the 2008 crisis? What advice can be given to those who have started to buy now? How did you manage the crisis in order to protect your wealth?
I have to say that the only thing I learned is to put an stop loss in -15% band.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement