Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I run a small S Corp, of which I am the 100% owner and only employee. Very simple stuff: I get revenue, my payroll service does all payroll taxes and pays me, whatever's left over at the end of the year I usually get in the form of a Sch K distribution and next year everything starts again at zero. This has worked well for many years.

This year the company did quite well and I would like to keep some of the money in the company for use next year (I am planning to write up a bunch of patents and need to pay my patent agent & the patent office a fair chunk of change, among other things). I am not sure how to do this.... any clues, please?

Thank you!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.