UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: karenlj Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883726  
Subject: Leftover rotisserie chicken Date: 12/11/2012 1:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Last night, I bought a rotisserie chicken and made chicken soup. It was very good. I have lots left over. I also have most of the chicken left over.

I could do chicken sandwiches, but what else?

Anything I haven't figured out, I freeze this evening. I may freeze it anyway, and finish my soup before I start anything else.

Karen
Print the post Back To Top
Author: aroneous Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869489 of 883726
Subject: Re: Leftover rotisserie chicken Date: 12/11/2012 2:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Shred the meat, add some salsa, cheese, onion, etc., and make burritos.

Add pizza crust, BB sause ad some cheese - BBQ pizza

Stir fry with some veggies and Teriyaki sauce, serve over rice.

With peppers and onions, make fajitas

Shed and heat tat, put on a bun, top with BBQ sauce.

Works well in chicken, broccoli and rice casserole

Make chicken pot pie

or chicken and dumplings

I could go on, but there's only so much leftovers to go around.

Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869492 of 883726
Subject: Re: Leftover rotisserie chicken Date: 12/11/2012 2:30 PM
Recommendations: 3
I made this recently, and it was a real hit. Delish. I actually doubled the sauce and served with pasta, and it made more than 6 servings. The next time I make it, I will probably add mushrooms. I'm also not sure that you really need to do the creamed spinach as a separate step; I think that the next time I make this, I will just double the sauce on top, put the spinach on the bottom by itself, and mix the basil and thyme in the sauce. It all ended up kind of mixing together anyway, and I think that would simplify it.

Chicken Florentine

Ingredients:
•2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
•1/4 cup butter
•1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
•dash dried basil
•dash ground thyme
•1/4 cup all-purpose flour
•1/3 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
•5 cups cooked chicken, sliced or diced
•3/4 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
•3/4 cup chicken broth
•salt and pepper
•6 thin slices ham
•1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation:
Cook spinach according to package instructions, drain well. In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add minced garlic, basil, and thyme. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon flour and blend well. Add 1/3 cup half-and-half and the spinach; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Spoon the spinach mixture into the bottom of a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole or baking dish. Cover with cooked chicken slices. Over medium low heat, melt remaining butter and blend in remaining flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually stir in 3/4 cup half-and-half and 3/4 cup chicken broth; continue cooking and stirring until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut sliced ham in strips. Add to sauce and pour over chicken. Cover all with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
Serves 6.

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869516 of 883726
Subject: Re: Leftover rotisserie chicken Date: 12/12/2012 9:00 AM
Recommendations: 1
I like leftover chicken in risotto.

Author: rosewine Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869524 of 883726
Subject: Re: Leftover rotisserie chicken Date: 12/12/2012 11:57 AM
Recommendations: 4
I like leftover chicken in risotto.

I do too. My usual risotto is known as "clean out the fridge risotto.

You know, the last bit of left over chicken or fish, the little bit of salad greens that are too far gone to go in a salad but okay cooked in something, the three mushrooms that are okay right now, but won't be in ten minutes, the leftover chardonnay that I corked and put in the fridge three months ago and forgot about, the last bits of cheese from the last cheese tasting.

Author: karenlj Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869528 of 883726
Subject: Re: Leftover rotisserie chicken Date: 12/12/2012 5:29 PM
Thank you, everyone. I am inspired!

Karen

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869562 of 883726
Subject: Re: Leftover rotisserie chicken Date: 12/13/2012 3:48 PM
Chicken crepes, quiches, many many leftover chicken options. My cat loves leftover chicken, turkey, and especially duck.

Kahuna, CFA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement