UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Watty56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883690  
Subject: Leftover turkey chili? Date: 11/19/2012 12:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
We will have lots of leftover turkey this year since we are doing two turkeys.

My grown up son wants to try deep frying a turkey -- a long ways from the house -- and we are also going to do a traditional turkey too.

I was looking for a good turkey chili recipe and most of the ones I am seeing are using ground turkey and not leftover turkey.

Has anyone made leftover turkey chili? Is so any suggestions or recipes?

Greg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Lea77 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868859 of 883690
Subject: Re: Leftover turkey chili? Date: 11/19/2012 2:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sorry, no chili recipe. I did make some chicken corn chowder the other day and I bet you could sub in Turkey for the chicken. I think that would be tasty.

Author: TMFHunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868862 of 883690
Subject: Re: Leftover turkey chili? Date: 11/19/2012 3:12 PM
Recommendations: 1
Has anyone made leftover turkey chili? Is so any suggestions or recipes?

I've done it.

I don't really have a recipe, since chili for me is a wing-it sort of thing, but just make your favorite chili, and then add the cut up turkey closer to the end.

I think I made mine as a green chili.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Author: lcd186 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868870 of 883690
Subject: Re: Leftover turkey chili? Date: 11/19/2012 3:59 PM
Hello Greg!

I was just going to ask a similar question here on this board. I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about what to do with leftovers!

One thing to assume: I hope you believe in beans in your chili. I've always made chili with beans, but I'm told that isn't "real" chili. :) I googled for a few specific recipes for you (the first one looks really good, but the second one is a bit simpler), but I will mention that in my opinion, using a good turkey stock (or if necessary, chicken stock) makes a big difference.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/turkey_chili/

http://www.food.com/recipe/leftover-turkey-or-chicken-chili-...

Lois Carmen D.

Author: Watty56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868920 of 883690
Subject: Re: Leftover turkey chili? Date: 11/20/2012 4:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

If you are looking for other ideas one of the things that we do with leftover turkey is to make turkey enchladas and that works out well. You can make several pans of these and they freeze well.

If you freeze them it works best to wait and put the enchladas sauce and cheese on the top just before you cook them.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement