Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jjbklb Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71233  
Subject: Legal Aspects ofPre-ordering a New car Date: 10/23/2012 1:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We're looking into getting a 2013 Lincoln MKZ OR Toyota Avalon,neither of which are out yet.

Only on the Lincoln site (so far),you can pre-order a MKZ with the specific colors/options that you want.If this is done,how obligated are you to complete the sale when you're still not sure if it's the MKZ or Avalon that you'll finally settle for?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ToddTruby Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69554 of 71233
Subject: Re: Legal Aspects ofPre-ordering a New car Date: 10/23/2012 5:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Depends on state law, but even so, your risk is close enough to be zero even if the law would consider you obligated that I would consider it to be zero

No dealer or manufacturer would hold you to a pre-order even if they could. Especially not for a mass market car like you describe.

I know some dealers hold "non-refundable" deposits for some harder to get vehicles or if you want some really odd configuration that they would otherwise not order, but in practice those deposits are never held if the contract is not executed.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement