Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
During Tax year 2005 a family member, worked part time and received a
W-2 for income under his birth name. In Jan 2006 he legally changed his name with the Court.

The individual involved has been on SSI and has not had prior IRS 1040 submittals.

Should his 1040EZ for 2005 show his birth name as reflected on the
W-2, and also sign the form with his birth signature?

Thanks for any guidance.
Senior Citizen

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.