UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63267  
Subject: Legalized Pot Growing Date: 5/13/2013 10:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<<<The carbon footprint of producing 2.2 pounds of marijuana indoors, one study says, is equivalent to driving across country seven times. Yet almost no one is pushing for cleaner sun-grown weed as state officials make rules for legal growing operations.

Marijuana growing is not a green industry.

Done mostly indoors in Washington, pot production often uses hospital-intensity lamps, air conditioning, dehumidifiers, fans and carbon-dioxide generators to stimulate plants and boost their potency.

>>

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020969103_potcarbonx...

I would suppose that most of those who are advocates of legalized marijuana also want to avoid more CO2 production.

But marijuama advocates in Washington State seem perfectly happy to be promoting an INDOOR pot growing industry that uses lots of electricity, rather than organic outdoor farming methods.

Now why is that, do you suppose?

Suddenly not concerned about organic farming, minimizing C02 production and such?

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post Back To Top
Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49513 of 63267
Subject: Re: Legalized Pot Growing Date: 5/14/2013 1:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I'm not sure why you assume legalized pot is attributed to a liberal agenda. AZ passed legislation to legalize marijuana and I can assure you the vote came primarily from aging, knee-jerk Republicans.

Besides, I thought all you wingnuts who fancy themselves and rugged individualists and entrepreneurs would embrace these pot growers' right to make money doing whatever it takes. Don't you guys believe that applying any regulations or taxation to business will kill jobs?

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49516 of 63267
Subject: Re: Legalized Pot Growing Date: 5/14/2013 7:33 AM
Recommendations: 3
Besides, I thought all you wingnuts who fancy themselves...rugged individualists and entrepreneurs would embrace these pot growers' right to make money doing whatever it takes. Don't you guys believe that applying any regulations or taxation to business will kill jobs?

You're trying to attribute reason and consistent policy to Republicans? We haven't seen that in decades.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49518 of 63267
Subject: Re: Legalized Pot Growing Date: 5/14/2013 9:31 AM
Recommendations: 3
Not taking the time to read the article at the moment (or "nottingham aching the time to read the article at the Monet," as my iPad would have it ;-) but I bet marijuana agriculture is more green than subsidized amber waves of GMO gluten with its tractors/combines, chemical fertilizers, monoculture, soil-depletion, polluting runoff, etc.

=alstro in serene Murrells Inlet, SC

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement