Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: danbobtx Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 64  
Subject: Legislative control Date: 5/1/2001 4:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Legislative challenges to AACE's business model are currently occuring in Maryland, Texas, and Florida. The Maryland law would effectively run AACE out of state if I understand correctly, while AACE believes the laws pending in Texas and Florida would be beneficial. I believe this is discussed in theri recent conference call, a transcript of which is available on their website.

Danbobtx
Print the post Back To Top
Author: danbobtx Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46 of 64
Subject: Re: Legislative control Date: 5/1/2001 4:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Sorry, the transcript isn't available from the call, but those are the states I believe were discussed.

Danbobtx

Author: mcmulkerin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48 of 64
Subject: Re: Legislative control Date: 5/1/2001 11:23 PM
hey Danbobtx,

What is this about the laws? I didnt hear about that.

Author: danbobtx Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49 of 64
Subject: Re: Legislative control Date: 5/2/2001 2:43 PM
First, let me mention that I have "found" the conference call here on the Motley Fool, and I would recommend everyone interested take a listen, and also look at their projects for the next year.

Melinda Krinick (Probably misspelled)of South West Securities asked toward the end of the call about the current legislative situation in Texas Maryland and Florida. the AACE spokesman viewed the legistaltion in Texas as positive to Pay-Day lending. Maryland was viewed as negative, but I didn't really understand how the business is currently regualted in that state. The Florida law was viewed as more neutral.

Can anyone from Maryland comment on the view toward Pay-Day lending in that state, and is anyone aware of the number of AACE stores in Maryland?

Danbobtx

BTW, I am not an employee, etc of AACE nor of its competitors; I'm a graduate student in Ecology, watching AACE happens to be one of my hobbies right now.

Author: whatstock Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50 of 64
Subject: Re: Legislative control Date: 5/15/2001 2:52 PM
Recommendations: 1
I believe they have between 55 and 60 stores in the state of Maryland, and a few in DC

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement