UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: simpsonrc1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21  
Subject: Let's get some discussion going Date: 2/2/2001 10:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have recently become aware of this company thru my reseach into companies involved with telemedicine, a somewhat promising emerging technology that's being touted as an effective method to reduce health care costs. Gentiva has allied with American Telecare and the HCFA which contributed 28 mil in grant money to use telemedicine to monitor diabetics. GTIV additionally has some contract with Agilent involving telemedicine and patients with congestive heart failure. I sent the following Email to GTIV, so far no response:

"Gentlemen,

According to your 3rd Q PR, you announced a contract with Agilent to provide telemedicine services in treatment of congestive heart failure. I wonder if you could elaborate as to what equipment Agilent (model if possible) is supplying and a little more as to the nature of the contract terms-for instance, is Agilent a subcontractor, or are they selling equipment to Gentiva. I am an avid investor in the fledgling telemedicine industry, and I've just become aware of Gentiva's involvement. Thank you for any consideration you can give this request."

The 28 million HCFA grant suggests to me a powerful political connectedness other telemedicine companies don't share. From what I have read, telemedicine is perhaps a "break even" event, and IMO, is going to require governmental funding to get its usage started and accepted (as an effective cost saver) by the
private sector.

My main point is telemedicine is going to happen regardless of acceptance, I'm trying to pinpoint those companies that look to be the likely candidates for investment purposes, be they hardware manufacturers, network providers, or end users.

If you know more specifics about GTIV's involvement, lets talk.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement