UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63244  
Subject: Let's move school visit Date: 5/4/2011 4:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hi Linda,
You like dance so I think you are going to love this. Beyonce made a surprise visit to a school in Harlem and danced with the students. They had a lot of fun. There is a video towards the bottom of the link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/04/beyonce-lets-move-s...

Artie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Maraith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33224 of 63244
Subject: Re: Let's move school visit Date: 5/4/2011 9:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
So much fun to watch, I can only imagine what it was like to be dancing there!

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33225 of 63244
Subject: Re: Let's move school visit Date: 5/4/2011 10:17 PM
Great post. I love it. Kudos to Beyonce and Michele Obama for trying to get kids to move.

I used to dance with the girls when they were little to get us moving.
I still listen to music sometimes while doing housework and dance a little...
but not like I used to! I'm too old to move too much--
I'm afraid I'll throw my back out or something.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33233 of 63244
Subject: Re: Let's move school visit Date: 5/5/2011 1:28 AM
Recommendations: 0
"I used to dance with the girls when they were little to get us moving. I still listen to music sometimes while doing housework and dance a little... but not like I used to! I'm too old to move too much--
I'm afraid I'll throw my back out or something." - lindytoes

I scrubbed Bonnie's bathroom today. I was worried about my back. I was down on my hands and knees scrubbing behind the commode. It was torture. I scrubbed the bathtub with alconox and a stiff brush. I used muratic acid (hydrochloric acid) on the inside of the bowl to get rid of the urine scale.

I took off the shower curtain and took it to the back deck and scrubbed it with a brush and hot soapy water to get all the mold off it. Attaching the shower curtain back on the rings was a pain in the right shoulder.

D'Lo and Angel are stopping by for a visit this weekend and I was too embarrassed for them to see how dirty the bathroom was. Glad it's done. I might have to clean it again before John comes to visit sometime in July. You know how clean and obsessive gays are about cleanliness; or at least the gays I know.

I also vacuumed the whole house today, took the trash and recycles to the dump, and swept the kitchen floor. Whew! Hope my back doesn't go out on me now.

Artie

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33237 of 63244
Subject: Re: Let's move school visit Date: 5/5/2011 7:47 AM
Whew. That was a lot of work.

I still think it is too bad you can't get someone in to at least clean the bathrooms. If you are there when they are, you can watch what they do. I know it is Bonnie who doesn't want them there, but you would think she would be the one to do the work if she won't let someone in to do it.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33247 of 63244
Subject: Re: Let's move school visit Date: 5/5/2011 12:13 PM
"I know it is Bonnie who doesn't want them there, but you would think she would be the one to do the work if she won't let someone in to do it." - lindytoes

She seems oblivious or it way down on her priority list. Housekeeping and cleaning aren't exactly her forte. I don't think she cares. She didn't ask me to clean the bathroom. I just figured since we are having company her bathroom needed to be cleaned since that is the bathroom company uses.

If it were up to me we'd get rid of at least half (or more) of the stuff in this house and it would be kept a lot more organized but it's not and there is no way I can go behind her and pick up and organize as she goes around filling up every empty space with boxes of flim-flam. To her an empty space is an invitation to deposit a box of old papers and yard sale stuff. People are just different when it comes to their need for organization and neatness.

Artie

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33671 of 63244
Subject: Re: Let's move school visit Date: 5/16/2011 1:14 AM
D'Lo and Angel are stopping by for a visit this weekend and I was too embarrassed for them to see how dirty the bathroom was. Glad it's done. I might have to clean it again before John comes to visit sometime in July. You know how clean and obsessive gays are about cleanliness; or at least the gays I know. -Art

Not all gays, apparently. My bathroom is an abomination right now. :-P

And you should see the apartments of a couple of my gay male friends. You would think you were on the set of the TV show "Hoarders". At least I'm not that bad. But my dust bunnies are having children and grandchildren of their own.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement