UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DrTarr Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35400  
Subject: Re: Selling Munis Date: 11/26/2009 8:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Lets see, Charlie gave you the resources to check T&S. In a discount brokerage account you can easily watch the prices, and BlackTree gave a rec. for the folks at ZIONS (which personally I like - but in full disclosure I dont have a personal account there) If you get a price you want - yes sell - but I would like to caution one bit of info

if you can sell the bonds at what you feel is a reasonable price, it really doesn't matter how much the broker is able to make by marking up your specific bonds. You got what you wanted, so what he manages to make after that is mostly irrelevant.

IMHO - it is not "mostly irrelevant" if you are not a sophisticated investor - meaning YOU have a fairly good knowledge of the market, the instrument and the trade. Which in your case you may not have. In that case, it is certainly very relevant - it is the point!

I am certainly not saying your broker took advantage of you. I dont have enough info to make that call. Definitely sounds like a discussion w/ the broker is on order. Not only about the last trades - but ask him what you can do to improve YOUR execution.

d(execution)/dT
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement