No. of Recommendations: 0
A few days ago I called in to (888)5-OPTOUT to have my and my wife's names removed from the credit reporting agengies pre-approved credit offer mailing lists. I entered the information for both of us as prompted. Today I received a letter asking me for all the same information I already gave them, and asking for a signature.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it legitemate or a scam? I thought that I was done with this process when I called the number and gave the information.
Print the post Back To Top
A written response is required. Since they make a great deal of money by selling your information, it is obvious why they do not want to make it easy to optout.

Debra
When I did this for both myself and my husband I didn't call, I wrote them a letter with the required information. Just like you I recieved a letter from their "redundency department of redundencies" I call it, requesting the EXACT SAME information as I sent in the initial letters..grrrr. Their letter did indicate that our first letter only stopped the mailings for a year if I recall and sending in the second letter stopped them for five years or forever or something...the paperwork is packed up in our moving boxes or I'd quote it exactly. I know your frustration, keep on top of it because our junk mail has dropped considerably since jumping through their hoops.
Gaia
I got the letter too. Fill it out and mail it in.
Advertisement