UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Yen64 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308643  
Subject: Letter from (888)5-OPTOUT? Date: 11/8/2003 9:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A few days ago I called in to (888)5-OPTOUT to have my and my wife's names removed from the credit reporting agengies pre-approved credit offer mailing lists. I entered the information for both of us as prompted. Today I received a letter asking me for all the same information I already gave them, and asking for a signature.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it legitemate or a scam? I thought that I was done with this process when I called the number and gave the information.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 172948 of 308643
Subject: Re: Letter from (888)5-OPTOUT? Date: 11/8/2003 9:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
A written response is required. Since they make a great deal of money by selling your information, it is obvious why they do not want to make it easy to optout.

Debra

Author: GAIA1701 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 172973 of 308643
Subject: Re: Letter from (888)5-OPTOUT? Date: 11/9/2003 12:24 PM
When I did this for both myself and my husband I didn't call, I wrote them a letter with the required information. Just like you I recieved a letter from their "redundency department of redundencies" I call it, requesting the EXACT SAME information as I sent in the initial letters..grrrr. Their letter did indicate that our first letter only stopped the mailings for a year if I recall and sending in the second letter stopped them for five years or forever or something...the paperwork is packed up in our moving boxes or I'd quote it exactly. I know your frustration, keep on top of it because our junk mail has dropped considerably since jumping through their hoops.
Gaia

Author: CatBarber Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 173016 of 308643
Subject: Re: Letter from (888)5-OPTOUT? Date: 11/10/2003 10:03 AM
I got the letter too. Fill it out and mail it in.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement