Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: lethean Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121146  
Subject: letter - IRS needs more infomation Date: 7/4/2012 4:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I received a letter from the IRS stating that they need more information to process my 2011 return. The letter isn't a CP2000. I see a coding of LTR 12C. Letter is signed by Operations Mgr, Input Correction.

The letter asks for any forms, schedules or other info required to support entries as follows:

Schedule C is incomplete or missing. Please send the completed schedule
with info that supports the entry $xxxx on line 12, Form 1040.

Schedule D is incomplete or missing. Please send the completed schedule with info that supports the entry $xxxx on line 13, Form 1040. (I did file Form 8949.)

Schedule A is incomplete or missing. Please send the completed schedule with info that supports the entry $xxxxx on line 40, Form 1040.

This seems very strange to me.

Do I just resend the Schedules and supporting forms that they asked for? Or should I call them? (My questions to them would be: 1) Are these Schedules really missing? 2) And if not, what information is missing?

If I resend the Schedules and supporting forms, it will be the same info as I originally provided. Is this the way to proceed? What do you suggest?

Thank you.

ML

ML
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement