Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Folks, I'll post strongly worded letters with strong political leanings, but of course I remain open-minded regarding any issue. For further discussion on specifics of viewpoints, other than minor comments, I'd be willing to go to a different board should that be the wish of this board's readers. Good day, all.

August 4, 2003

The Honorable Senator Harry Reid
528 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Reid,

It is growing more and more disturbing to see the daily media reports impugning the intelligence that led our nation into a full-scale military invasion of Iraq, and how misrepresentation of that intelligence may have been employed by the President in bolstering public support for such a war. Coupled with the publicly stated goals of the Project for New American Century (PNAC) and the favorable awarding of large government contracts to companies such as WorldCom, Bechtel, and Halliburton for the rebuilding of Iraq, any conscious misrepresentation of the need to deploy war should be unacceptable to citizens of this country and our representatives.

I urge you to pursue demanding a true and accurate understanding of the facts that led this country into war – a war that has caused the deaths of hundreds of soldiers and likely thousands of Iraqis -- and to pursue accountability from the President of the United States should the strictest of standards of intelligence not have been met.

Very truly yours,

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement