Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Yesterday, July 9th 2003, I came home to find that my Morning Glory plants had been cut down. I immediately called your office to find out why this had been done. To my amazement I was informed that your Landscapers had come through and cut them down because apprarently, according to your representative "Morning Glories are considered weeds in the state of Texas and any that are not potted are to be removed." I have several problems with this statement.

First and foremost is the fact that these Morning Glories WERE potted and were my personal property. They were not attached, in any manner, to the premises of the apartment complex. They were potted in a container which I purchased and were supported by a trellis I purchased.

Secondly, these plants have been outside my apartment for at least 6 months. Not once since we moved in has your Landscaping Company or the complex attempted to remove them nor have we been contacted about their removal. It seems odd that this became a problem as of yesterday.

Thirdly, as to the statement about Morning Gloreis being classified as weeds in the State of Texas, I have never heard of this. Furthermore, if your Landscaping Company is employed to pull weeds and maintain the flower beds, they are not doing thier job. The bed in front of our apartment has several large weeds that were NOT TOUCHED by the Landscapers, yet somehow they thought it necessary to cut down my plants that were growing in my own planter (an oblong pot about 6 inches wide and 2 1/2 feet long).

I am very upset by the conduct of the Landscapers and the tone of your employees regarding the destruction of my personal property. I have been faithfully tending to my flowers for several months and now they have been destroyed. I expect to be reimbursed by either the complex or the Landscapers for my inconvenience in this matter.

Respectfully,

Marissa
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement