UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: yttire Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1264  
Subject: LEXR tanks Date: 6/30/2004 11:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

Well, LEXR is disappointing. I picked it as one of my official picks for my newly tracking picks- and it is tanking. Personally, it was a second largest holding, so OWWWW! The thing that really hurts is that I anticipated margins may continue getting squeezed, but didn't actually believe they would let it sustain into losses this quarter. Nope- wrong. My ability to predict the future is weak. In retrospect, I think I would have still bought a position, but a smaller one, considering my full knowledge of this potential risk. Risk carries the weight of failure, unfortunately.

As a long term company I still think it has a lot of potential. Frankly, there is huge demand for their product. They are going to continue to grow. What does this earnings guidance mean for their long term future?

It may mean not much- because there are competitors coming out for their input chips, and these may help them reduce costs and control margins. The competitors are just coming out of the woodwork though- it is unclear if LEXR will be able to leverage them to an advantage. Samsung cutting prices obviously did not help them enough which is a bit ominous- LEXR appears forced to drop output prices to match competition. This makes the whole region look shakey- but there still is a lot of promise. A little too risky for a huge position though.

The promise is reduced enough I am trimming its position (well, did already). I'll let the dust settle and may buy back in a little later, we'll see. I am still holding on to a 1/3 of my original position, so am not vacating the premises.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement